Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BS Aeronautical Engineering

I'm graduating in May in Aeronautical Engineering, but no job :(

I think average starting salary is around $40,000 maybe lower. And about 6 years in maybe $50,000?

Wow, you know someone at Wharton? How many years of work experience did they have?

I know that you were asking the Wharton question of LearLove, but since I just graduated from Wharton in May I thought I'd chime in. The class entering in '02 had approximately 52% of admits with 5-7 years of experience. There are about 20% with 2-4 years of experience. Since the real benefit of a school like Wharton are the experiences of your classmates in the real world, I think having at least 2 years of work experience is absolutely crucial in order to bring something to the classroom, unless you've done something extraordinary such as training for the Olympics or such. I've included a link with the Class of '02 profile at the end of the post.

As far as salaries, I started as an EE with Lockheed in '96 at $40,500 and was over $60,000 when I left for b-school. I'm surprised that the entry level salaries for aeronautical are so low.

Dave

http://www.wharton.upenn.edu/mba/admissions/profile.html

Last edited:
Mr. Cole said:
I'm surprised that the entry level salaries for aeronautical are so low.
Why? working in an Ivory Tower, as aeros do, is considered part of the salary. :D

BSME or EE can probably expect $40-55K starting in a Fortune 500 manufacturing job, depending on the industry and company.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back