• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Maybe a reson to vote Dem.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of course it was slanted, but alot closer to the truth.

Funny, you think conservatives have not helped to bring safety to the work place.

Last, it was not my description, but rather an email that is getting circulated for the fun of it.

Medeco

Proud to call America home!

How about this: A womans "right to choose" is not in the constitution, and I don't think the founding fathers even thought of it. The did say how ever that if something is not granted or prohibited, then the states have the right to decide for themselves.

I don't like abortion, but I think it should be up to the states to decide.
What DOES appear in the Constitution are the words : "the right to LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness". Note it is NOT the pursuit of life, and the right to happiness, which seems to be what the liberals want to change it to. the RIGHT to life, as in the US Constitution, can not be denied, even under the disguise of "choice". Slaveowners in early America, and Hitler in Germany decided who counted as human. I guess we are doing it all over again today.

Slaveowners in early America, and Hitler in Germany decided who counted as human. I guess we are doing it all over again today.
Yes...compare us to some of the most vile example of human beings and SURELY we will see the error in our ways and agree:rolleyes:

Survey says...!!!

WRONG!

*Show him what he's won today, Bob!*

"Well Johnny, it's a big warm glass of SHUT THE HELL UP!"

Thanks for playing...

Yes...compare us to some of the most vile example of human beings and SURELY we will see the error in our ways and agree:rolleyes:

I agree with him. One hundred years from now, Americans will be looking back on this time in history as a disgrace where we allowed countless thousands of innocent and helpless babies to be brutally murdered. Future Americans will look back on this time just as we look back on the time of slavery.

CoPilot Doug,
Elaborate and tell me how it's different, and I notice you omitted the words in the Constitution. Hmmmm.....
And we've gone past it with the "death with dignity". Now for a fee you can off your burdonesome relatives who you are tired of so they can "die in peace".

Last edited:
Your idea has been tried before by a union called PATCO. Remember them? Didn't turn out so well. It wouldn't for us either.

The air traffic controllers? Not even the same thing.
  • ATC are federal government workers, not private company employee's
  • As a condition of employment, ATCs sign an agreement not to strike. Airline pilots never did.
  • PATCO did an "all or nothing" strike. Not for a day, or 3 days, or a week.
  • ATC's ARE replaceable. It wasn't easy, but clearly, they overestimated their own value. (Pilots might also have this problem)
They tried to cripple this country to enrich themselves at the expense of the US taxpayer. F them. People would have died (organ transplants, lifeguard flights), businesses would have lost billions, etc. I have little sympathy for their methods or their approach.

ATC-er's going on strike would be no different than the US Military going on strike indefinitely and holding out for, say, $1 million dollars per private.

I'm not thrilled at the prospect of pilots trying the same stunt. However, this IS what unions are supposed to do, pilots don't sign "no strike" clauses, and the US taxpayer isn't getting directly stiffed with the bill if pilots overreach.

Overreaching would be self-correcting when the airline just went out of business.

Last edited:
CoPilot Doug,
Elaborate and tell me how it's different, and I notice you omitted the words in the Constitution. Hmmmm.....
And we've gone past it with the "death with dignity".
Is it NOT apparent to you? I am CLEARLY a NAZI SLAVE OWNER (maybe you want to say I eat babies too?)

PM me if you wish to discuss...otherwise, back to the topic...

Why might I not vote for Barrack Obama? The man's voting record. How many times did he take the easy way out and vote "Present"?

That's a big track record of indeciciveness. He's just a puppet for the democrats. One that hasn't been in major politics long enough to screw up.

The air traffic controllers? Not even the same thing.
  • ATC are federal government workers, not private company employers
  • As a condition of employment, ATCs sign as a condition of employment an agreement not to strike. Airline pilots never did.
  • PATCO did an "all or nothing" strike. Not for a day, or 3 days, or a week.
  • ATC's ARE replaceable. It wasn't easy, but clearly, they overestimated their own value. (Pilots might also have this problem)
They tried to cripple this country to enrich themselves at the expense of the US taxpayer. F them. People would have died (organ transplants, lifeguard flights), businesses would have lost billions, etc. I have little sympathy for their methods or their approach.

ATC-er's going on strike was no different than the US Military going on strike indefinitely and holding out for $1 million dollars per private.

I'm not thrilled at pilots trying the same stunt. However, this IS what unions are supposed to do, pilots don't sign "no strike" clauses, and the US taxpayer isn't getting directly stiffed with the bill if pilots overreach.

Overreaching would be self-correcting when the airline just went out of business.
...and to add to your very accurate post: Reagan had an idea that they were going to strike, so he was having replacements trained. Reagan feared other unionized government organizations would strike if PATCO wasn't put down.

If it's to work for pilots though...they need to use the element of surprise.

[*]As a condition of employment, ATCs sign an agreement not to strike. Airline pilots never did.

The RLA prohibits us from striking without NMB release just like the law prohibits controllers from striking. It's the exact same prohibition with the exact same penalties. In addition, many pilot contracts do include no-strike clauses that prohibit the pilots from striking until receiving an NMB release.

[*]PATCO did an "all or nothing" strike. Not for a day, or 3 days, or a week.

Makes no difference, as they were replaced immediately.

[*]ATC's ARE replaceable. It wasn't easy, but clearly, they overestimated their own value. (Pilots might also have this problem)[/LIST]

Yes, pilots would have this problem. Again, a huge number of pilots would cross the lines under this scenario, and that makes it unworkable. They wouldn't need replacements, as they could keep enough of the system working simply with SCABs.

Controllers should have just as much right to advance and defend their profession that every other labor group does. I find your above statements to be out of line.

Latest resources

Back