• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Maybe a reson to vote Dem.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quite frankly Abernathy, I think that your use of capitol punishment is quite a cop out.

In 2007 41 people were executed

In 2007 1,400,000 people were aborted.

I only support capital punishment when overwhelming DNA evidence is available.

I don't have a problem with the actual concept of capital punishment. I know if one of my loved ones were murdered, I would want the perpetrator dead.

That said, I'd be for capital punishment in a perfect system. Perfect meaning-- non imperfect. I stress that point because our system is inherently flawed because, among other things, it relies on things like juries, the members of which are emotional beings; eyewitness testimony (subject to corruption, misinformation, etc.); and biases. The way a suspect even "looks" can have an effect on a jury. (does he look guilty?)--these flaws have put a huge number of innocent candidates on death row. Many of whom, in the past, have been executed.

Our system has not in the past relied on "overwhelming DNA evidence" unfortunately. I wish it did. The DNA testing is still something relatively new.

I think the system is changing. We'll see how it pans out in the future.

College is probably the reason why so many people have views like that. Jackass professors want to discuss abortion? Why not give a first hand view of an abortion to the students instead of their BS opinions that are based on convenience and not fact.

We've had 3d ultrasounds available for years. Why aren't their videos in 3d showing the child's facial expressions as their limbs are ripped off their body.

I never had a "jackass" professor ever discuss his/her views on abortion. Sorry to dissappoint you. You shouldn't have a problem with education.

It's not that I have a problem with education by definition, but rather that I have a problem with "educated people" not realizing or taking the time to really understand that it is wrong to kill a 12 week old child.

Our system has not in the past relied on "overwhelming DNA evidence" unfortunately.

Agreed. I support a national moratorium on the death penalty until DNA evidence is required in every state.

Good man! See far-righties? This is how intelligent people respond to new information, rather than the Bush method of refusing to consider anything that goes against their preconceived notions.
Yes, it's gross but it is the woman's right.

Yes, it's gross but it is the woman's right.

I think this is an important point ardent pro-lifers consistently leave out of the equation. True, there is an "innocent life", but it is inside another person's body. And people should be able to decide what they want to do, have done, or have done to their bodies.

Abernathy, I hope you look into it with the heart and eyes of a human being who is lucky to have not had someone else decide that your very existence was such an inconvenience that it was worth killing you over.
Terry, what about the flipside? What if the child will be born with a debilitating deformity? What if the child will be a crack baby? What if the child were to grow up in less than hospitable conditions (i.e. the ghetto)?

It is probably one of the most difficult choices these moms have had to make in their lives.

Latest resources

Back