Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hawg68

Hawg
Any of you guys that got the call for the April 18th class hear anywords about the May 9th class? Anyone get any calls yet?

Good Luck Poolies!!!!

Hawg

Haven't heard about a May 9th class but if anyone in the 18th class has a breakdown and possible the bottom # of most junior person in the class could you supply it. Also has anyone been called for a medical without getting a class date yet??? I know this happened with the original guys in Dec. and Jan. but a friend of mine has a med. scheduled with no class date yet. Supposedly there is a pool now called the contingency pool with guys lined up to go in but not assigned a class date yet. I was told by contacts of mine on the line at brown that they've had a couple of people skip out of the class last minute because they were holding onto a UPS date and another airline at the same time (Mainly FedEx but could be others hiring as well). Word was it that they are spooling up to place "contingency pool" guys right into class if this occurs again. Anyone else in this pool???? Good luck to all poolies!!!

The March 18 class had 2 guys back out at the last minute, at least one went to FedEx. They called 2 poolies that week to start class on Friday.

Just received another update. Very accurate source. April 18th class is not filled yet. They are awaiting a system wide bid that closes on the 11th and based on the vacancies created by that bid they will put guys into class too fill those vacancies. My source says the phone calls will be last minute. Crossing my fingers that this is true and calls are still forthcoming for 18th class.

casper727 said:
Just received another update. Very accurate source.
I’ve always loved that one!

April 18th class is not filled yet. They are awaiting a system wide bid that closes on the 11th and based on the vacancies created by that bid they will put guys into class too fill those vacancies. My source says the phone calls will be last minute. Crossing my fingers that this is true and calls are still forthcoming for 18th class.
But seriously, while the results of the current system bid might have some relevance with regard to where the new-hires are positioned within the next class, I doubt they are waiting to contact people with class date offers because of the bid.

The class will have X number of new hires regardless of the outcome of this bid.

I know you’re anxious. Believe me, I can empathize. I was in the pool for several years. But just be patient and you’ll be in class before you know it. Try to stay as low key as you can as a new hire (and pre-new-hire on these boards). The first year here (or at any carrier for that matter) is probationary. The best way to get through your probationary year is for management to look at your name on the list and say, “who’s that guy?"

Good luck!

RB

ups is really good about 2 weeks notices and that will make it only 7 days which is kind of strange

Any idea or guesses on which aircraft position will be filled in these next few classes? I've heard that 757/767 FO slots were up for grabs at one point... Sign me up!

rory-good advise.

i heard 5 to the bus (april 18 or the next one--)

1 week notice--if that's true it is bad form for brown to just assume that a guy/gal will drop everything in their life and jump for them.

"we have a class tomorrow--you will be in it--period"
"Uhh...what about notice to my present company, they have been really good to me?"
"do you not understand--we are brown--BROWN"

fbt
100%

hi all....just a quick question for anyone of you ups poolies or new hires out there....about how long was it for you after you got your online recommendation from a ups pilot/mgt to get a call for an interview...weeks, months/ before they stoppped hiring before 9/11?? i'm just curious how long someone can expect to patiently wait for a call.

thanks for the info.

Latest resources

Back