MaxJet? WhoJet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
magrs said:
My understanding was that they were strictly 767's and only have one planned for the forseeable future...off their filings.

As for pilot hiring, I wouldn't expect much out of them in the near term as they have indicated they will only have the one aircraft for the first quarter, than slowly add if market conditions allow.

Rumor only is that they are purchasing several additional -200's from the same source as their first airplane. Used Quantas 767-238ER's. Not sure but the -200 sounds like a poor choice in todays market, but WTF do I know as I just fly the things. I think -300ER's are very scarce at any price in todays market.

The website claims they are the "first true everyday low cost airline to fly across the Atlantic." Will the payscale for this international low cost carrier truly suck?

magrs said:
I would like to see them pull this off, but the last filing stated they only had 9.8 million in the bank. In this day and age, I would think they are either at deaths door with that amount or are looking for a suitor.

Interesting that EOS got their certificate in about half the time it took Maxjet...Gotta love Hillary and her connections!

Perhaps these two outfits should look to join forces?

The fact is it's somewhat the luck of the draw on which FSDO you get to use for your application. Some are straight forward and easy to work with and others are just totally disfuctional. The Seattle FSDO has a reputation even within the FAA for being disfuctional and difficult. The fact that EOS got a certificate quicker that MaxJet has no bearing on operational reality.

>>The fact that EOS got a certificate quicker that MaxJet has no bearing on operational reality.<<

No, I don't think so either. But, when you hire 100 employees full-time in anticipation of a quick cert., it DEFINITELY eats into your bottom line when it takes 1+ years more than expected. I have to assume Maxjet management did not expect the cert. process to take this long, and in return, will suffer due to the limited cash in the bank.

EOS on the other hand will most likely rethink their business plan, in that 48 seats across the pond as an LCC will barely cover their fuel expense these days!

Best of luck to both nonetheless!

As I had said before I don't really no anything about EOS. Took MaxJet 18 months and it's taking Cargo 360 in Seattle 30+ months and I know those guys are really experts, so go figure. Probably a long shot on survival for anyone in todays surroundings. Even SWA is at risk when the fuel prices are out of sight.

EOS is not a LLC....they are charging 20% cheaper of the FC fares...

so it still a high cost carrier at approx 5500-6K a seat!

Latest resources

Back