Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cargoflyr69

V-Dub for Life
Curious if anyone has current info on how to go about jumpseating on MaxJet from JFK-STN or IAD-STN and back. I know its supposed to be uber-posh executive style, so would they want me in Business attire or will the uniform be OK? Thanks in advance!

I've not done it, but I've heard business attire.

If I recall, I think I actually heard from a co-worker who has done it that they would prefer you NOT wear your uniform. Not 100% sure, but that's what I seem to remember.

Call their 800 number, identify yourself as a potential jumpseater, and politely ask about their dress code.

Max Jet

I took Max Jet about 3 weeks ago from STN-IAD. Awesome experience. I didn't wear my uniform, and if i had to guess, I'd say its better to blend in than stand out, your ID is all you need anyway. I just wore dress pants and a nice button down long sleeve shirt, no tie. Seemed to be about on par, if not overdressed with the rest of the crowd. I called the Corp HQ #, as their reservations # always redirects you there once they find out you're a pilot looking to jumpseat anyway I confirmed my airline was on their "list" and off I went. At STN they were very nice, no listing in advance necessary, or even possible to my knowledge. Took my CC, ID, and Passport to process my jumpseat listing, 66 bucks if I remember correctly from STN-IAD. Thats it, you can find out their loads from the phone #'s and seem a bit higher out of JFK than IAD. I went to thank the pilots who were very nice.
Funny side note, After I arrived in IAD after 8 hours of slippers, 4 course meal, wine (1 glass), another meal, movies, I had to hustle to catch the last flight out to my base. Which happened to be the Saab I fly. Going from First Class on a 767 to a Steamy, Sultry, Stuffed, Hot Saab (NO APU) at high noon in the summer was..well, it sucked, and so did the 3 hour taxi. (T-storms).
Enjoy. PM for any phone #'s or other questions.

Latest resources

Back