Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"something you won't find on a SWA 737-300."

Or a 737-800 for that matter.

What do I know, but the drivers of next contract will be cost vs revenue....buying an airline, dismantling it and then divesting of most of its airplanes had to add to the cost equation...hopefully those synergies will kick in...

I was curious, so I looked at the second quarter statements. 96 million in synergy revenue for quarter number two. 2/3's of the revenue from connecting passengers between the two airlines. Acquisition and integration costs for the quarter was 26 million. This is what was reported to the gov and Wall Street anyway.

Aircraft transitions reported 1 for the second quarter, bringing the total to 12 aircraft brought over to SWA. One 717 has left for Delta. 7 more AT 737 conversions planned for the year. The remaining 33 are planned to go in 2014.. International blah, blah, blah.

All I ask is if they are going to take this long for the shaping operation, is to get the main effort right.

I was curious, so I looked at the second quarter statements. 96 million in synergy revenue for quarter number two. 2/3's of the revenue from connecting passengers between the two airlines. Acquisition and integration costs for the quarter was 26 million. This is what was reported to the gov and Wall Street anyway.

Aircraft transitions reported 1 for the second quarter, bringing the total to 12 aircraft brought over to SWA. One 717 has left for Delta. 7 more AT 737 conversions planned for the year. The remaining 33 are planned to go in 2014.. International blah, blah, blah.

All I ask is if they are going to take this long for the shaping operation, is to get the main effort right.

It's all coming down to the new res system. If SWA had their act together on that sooner, the overall integration would have gone much sooner, IMO.

I suspect that he knows the difference--he's just using that term for derision in your little pissing contest. Certainly, YOU know a little something about that. A little like you acting like every one of our planes--or even most of them--are 737-300/500s.

We do have a few of them, however, and in fact are partly "replacing" your 717s with them, by not retiring them as fast as originally planned. I guess that maybe there's something negative about your "glass cockpit, automated everything" B-717s, seeing as how the company would rather have old 737-300s than keep them. Makes you go hmmmm.....

Besides, -9Capt seems pretty proud of that particular airframe.

Bubba

A few of them? Really?? According to AirlinePilotCentral you have 128 -300's and 20 -500's. That's not exactly, "a few". I realize that APC data may not be entirely up to date, so if you have updated numbers, please post.

There is nothing negative about moving forward with advanced technology. But SWA has an industry wide reputation of being reticent towards innovation and technology. Just look at your IT Dept. for starters.
Fortunately that has started to change with the MAX orders where Boeing said enough is enough of pressuring them to dumb-down the aircraft to SWA specs. Now Boeing is moving that airframe up to the level it should be at and installing a 787 type all glass cockpit. (Ref: Air Transport World Aug. 2013).

Every ATN pilot knows why the advanced 717's were subleased to Delta rather than retiring the old 300/500 models early. It was because SWA is so deathly afraid of a two-fleet type operation (even though every other major already does this) and so Steve Chase could, "capture more Captain seats".

Spin it any way you want. We know what went down and we will never forget. We also know that SWA is far behind the curve on multiple fronts. Hopefully they can catch up; but with a CULTure so ingrained as theirs, a shift out of the old and into the new is a steep hill to climb.

Oh good lord Don-

The last few air tran posters here have lost all touch with reality-or never had it to begin with-

Please, pilot who has never worked at SWA- tell us what it's really like-

You an CHOOSE to stay jaded your whole life and literally the main person suffering will be you-
The rest of us will keep perspective and move on making the best and welcoming all as we go forward-

Thank god, the rest of air tran isn't as lost as the last dozen here

Every ATN pilot knows why the advanced 717's were subleased to Delta rather than retiring the old 300/500 models early. It was because SWA is so deathly afraid of a two-fleet type operation (even though every other major already does this) and so Steve Chase could, "capture more Captain seats".
You can't truly believe this drivel, can you?

The thing that SWA is deathly afraid of is lack of profits, just as it should be. The single fleet type is as responsible for 40 straight years of profit than anything else. The single fleet type allows for less reserve pilots through remarkably reduced training events. Do you realize the domino effect that occurs at airlines like Delta when one pilot retires. The single fleet type allows drastically less training in every segment of the operation from pilots to flight attendants to mechanics to rampers and beyond. The single fleet type allows drastically reduced parts inventory. The single fleet type allows greatly increased scheduling flexibility since any pilot can be assigned to any trip in any base in the system. I could go on and on, but you get the picture.

Wake up and realize that every decision made at this massive corporation of more than 45,000 employees is not specifically made in order to screw the AirTran pilots. If you honestly and truly believe that Steve Chase is in charge of fleet decisions, there is simply no hope for you.

Exactly right Howard.

Southwest 'deathly afraid' of a two fleet operation? Give me a break.

One fleet type has powered big profits over 40 years. And guess what? It still does. End of story.

Exactly right Howard.

Southwest 'deathly afraid' of a two fleet operation? Give me a break.

One fleet type has powered big profits over 40 years. And guess what? It still does. End of story.

Southwest and Spirit?

Seemingly, everyone else could figure it out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back