Maui

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stay in Kona

If you're looking for a wonderful experience, check out Konavillage.com. I took my wife there for our Honeymoon five years ago. They also offer an "interline rate". Be sure to get one of the tiki huts on the water, they're the best!

I rented an airplane at the airport and took my wife and some friends for a tour around the island. Flying over Volcano National Park was quite an experience as was the waterfalls on the other side of the island.

Best of luck.

We went to Maui last spring-stayed at the Outriger in Kahana-Very nice condo-private and quiet right on the beach-very very good airline employee deal

Don't stay at the Maui Coast unless you're really on a budget. Much better hotels in much better locations than Kihei.

It's not maui, it's the North Shore of Oahu, but it was probably the best F**kin' vacation I've ever had...there's nothing better than a house on the beach..
check it out...rates are awesome as well..and the best part...because it's North shore...it's real hawaii, not a tourist trap, and again, because it's north shore, very quiet during the Summer (all the waves are on the south shore) if you want a livelier time go during the winter...Surfing Competition at Waimea Bay... Good Times!!! The house is on a private road, and is secluded in an area of the shoreline called "left overs", the closest town is about a mile away called Haleiwa.
anyway...here's the URL the house is owned by the hollywood producer that did "Blue Lagoon, Greece, North Shore, etc..."
http://www.bluelagoonhawaii.com

if ya go...have fun...the place is amazing...

I highly recommend the Hana experience. You get what you pay for over there, so if you don't mind roughin it a little bit the cost isn't too bad. Spent two weeks with the wife in a rental house there last spring. Quiet and off the beaten path. Do some research on short daytrip hikes to take, the Red sand beach is unbelievable and the most Gorgeous thing I have ever seen in my life. Also near Lindbergs grave, numerous waterfall, bamboo forest hikes, etc. You can also do some Powered Parachute rental from the local airport if your down for some of that. Local public beach is surfable, skin dive, fish, everything. We collected fruit and grilled fish almost every day which saved on the food bill. I can't wait to get back.

Latest resources

Back