Maui

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rican

Can anyone give me a suggestion for a villa, condo, or hotel in Maui? My parents are going next week and are looking for something off the beaten path.

Thanks

Off the beaten path and Maui don't really go in the same sentence to well.
Been a few times, and heard alot, but Hana sounds nice and kinda 'out there.'
Most of the rest of the island is Large resort style hotel, and plenty of them so it shouldn't be difficult to find one. Have fun.

My wife and I stayed in Kihei when we were there last year for our honeymoon. It's just north of the nice resort area of Wailea. Kihei has a little town feel and is home to many of the locals. We stayed at the Maui Coast Hotel, which had nice accommodations. I would definiately recommend staying there. If you rent a car, you can be to Laihaina in 30 minutes or so and the drive is fantastic! I look forward to going back. PM me if you need more details.

If they are not already there i recommend Wailea if the budget can stretch that far.

We are up there once a month and it is, in my opinion the bwst spot on the island.

Any hotel on that piont is suitable.

Kihei is very nice but Wailea is the best. Laihaina is a little further from the airport and a nice place also.

Outrigger??

Is the Outrigger still the place to stay for airline crews? I don't think they're on Maui, but they have a couple locations in Hawaii. What's the latest rate?

Any chance your brother's unit is available Feb 11- 16? Does anyone know of any condos for rent during that time frame. Also, anyone ever stay at the Royal Lahaina? That's the only thing availabe at Perx. Thanks for any info. I'm going to need a vacation after trying to plan this one!!!

Forget the previous reply... your brother's place rocks and is unavailable. Obviously, he has a career that is not in aviation.

Napili Bay!!! I've been to Maui 3 times, twice was at this place.. If you read Frommers it mentions the Napili Bay Room 201... I've stayed there and it is AWESOME for the $$$.... I paid less than $80.00 a night for this place which is sooo close to the ocean, you could spit in it from the lanai...Napili is past Ka'anapali and right before Kapalua (which I have also stayed at and if you have the money would suggest as well). This is a smaller beach and more protected from bigger waves, sharks, and people, which makes for much better snorkeling.....Just my .02 cents

Ka'anapali part of town. Stayed at the Mahana Condo, which is right on the beach. AWESOME deal for what you pay. Right next door to the Embassy Suites and 10 minute drive to Lahaina.

Latest resources

Back