• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Martinaire

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Martinaire is still a good company to work for. I have been with them off and on for about two years and I found very quickly that if you treat them right they will treat you right. I will verify that they no longer have the metros but as previously posted, the PIC Turbine time will prove to be very, very valuable. I moved into Lear Jets directly from MRA with only a little over 100 multi. I transitioned to a company who, at the time, was a great company to work for, but like so many, as a result of Sept. 11th, has been going through a slow deterioration process. I maintained a very good relationship with MRA the whole time and had a job to go back to when my base closed with the lear jet company. :D

USED2B,
Since you still have a relationship with MRA, can you tell me what kind of routes they have? Do they still have contract pilots? Is H.T. still CP? Do they still have the hangar at ADS? Also the important thing.....jumpseat agreement with SWA?????
Thanks!
Jimbo

Jimbo,
I can answer some of your questions. Yes, H.T. is still the CP and we still use contract pilots. As far as routes are concerned, I know we have 3 that go into Houston, 3 that go into SAT along with a standby position, DRT may be opening soon, I'm not sure. HRL to AUS is another in the south, and as far as the runs into DFW, I think we hold the majority of the ones we used to have minus a few. Didn't pay attention to the ones we lost. I'm not from that neck of the woods. Charter flying has picked up, though and that has been a bit fun. As far as jump seating is concerned, I know a few weeks ago they were working out the written agreement but I don't know what the final result was. Several of the other pilots have been jumpseating with no problems.
The Martinaire web site might give you a better idea on the routes that we currently have. Let me know if you have any other questions.

USED2B

martinaire domiciles?

Can you tell me where they base pilots? are any based in Houston?
Any idea if they are hiring and if they would look at someone with 1300 TT?

Thanks

Hey Stick,
The three planes that go into Houston are based in Lufkin, College Station, and Victoria. They do overnight at Ellington Field in Houston. MRA is still considering people with the basic IFR Part 135 mins for PIC. I know they just finished a class and I have no idea when they will start another one. There's no set schedule; it's on an "as needed" basis. ;)

Latest resources

Back