• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Marines G4

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow I never knew you could be a FAC thats awesome. Jets is more than fine with me since I've been a kid I've dreamed of being a fighter pilot now it seems like it might be somewhat more of a dream come true. Airwarriors is a great site I'm already on it thanks though. Also you have definetly set me at ease about the whole deapth perception I've been really worried about that.

Why the fascination with Fighters?

Fighter pilot story, it is 1976, Cubi Point; we have been at sea for 6 weeks. We being Ships' Company, "the career enhancing tour". We pull back in to Cubi Point. We are at the club for liquid refreshment. We are discussing "going ugly early". You know all women are beautiful when you have not seen one in six weeks, "we kept women recognition photos in our staterooms so we recognize one when we saw one". This one fighter pilot was making moves on the ugliest creature you had ever seen, round eyed school teacher. So we decided that going ugly early did not apply to fighter’s pilots that had no standards. Another fighter pilot over heard this and said he was offended, kinda like people on this board hearing about the college thing. He said we should respect him because he was the defender of the fleet and how he would be the first one launched to intercept an incoming air raid, etc. Please!! we are sitting in a bar in the Philippines, enjoying a beer far removed from reality, thinking about women and this fighter pilot gets all bent out of shape because we made a joke about fighter pilot standards when making a move on an ugly women. He never understood. BTW the threat from a submarine was much greater than the airborne threat, but we didn't bring that he would not have understood that either.

I don't see a relevance as to how they're is a fascination with fighters based on a man's standards. You see as a kid going to my cabin over summer I would see a few fighters a day it seemed tearing up the skies from a local ANG base. From that moment on I was hooked on the world of aviation and the military. As years passed it become stronger and stronger until here I am writing about my upcoming choices. Furthermore the story would still be the same had you changed fighters to bombers etc. etc. inter service rivalry happens. Hell there is rivalry from job to job in all the branches.

get ready for those helos!

Lynxman,Godspeed,get jets !

http://www.airliners.net/photo/USA-...67766/L/&sid=2252fda0f528411506e3182bee10d744

Tell me the Marines still have this. I leave for OCS in Jan. 2010 and I'd love to get a pipeline for jets and fly this thing. I had no idea Marines even operated a G4, I've seen the King Air 200's, but not this.

Dude. If you want to fly a G4 or Citation go to the Army or Navy or better yet go to your local civ airport. Besides I doubt they would let anyone who uses prolly and calls the usmc "the core" anywhere near an F18 jet. Better get used to flying with your hands and feet now. Look up helicopter flying for dummies. Good luck.

Dude. If you want to fly a G4 or Citation go to the Army or Navy or better yet go to your local civ airport. Besides I doubt they would let anyone who uses prolly and calls the usmc "the core" anywhere near an F18 jet. Better get used to flying with your hands and feet now. Look up helicopter flying for dummies. Good luck.

CX880,

Your profile states 'civilian'. Maybe you should 'stay in your lane' and give advice on civilian aviation. Your advice re: Army Aviation as an option for G4 flying is wrong.

Lynx,

#1 Congrats.

#2 Ignore CX880's jealousy.

#3 Go for what makes you happy when you are given the choices available to you after all the chips fall on selection night. The advice I got was: 'pick the coolest thing you can on selection night because it's not necessarily what you will retire in.' That advice was great for me. Remember, you are picking a Mission and Lifestyle, not just an airframe. No matter what you select, you'll be serving with GREAT folks and that is a benefit all its own. Work hard and ENJOY as much of it as you can. The reward is well worth the effort.

Last edited:
CX is a joke in itself he is unhappy with me because I find his choice at a certain airline as distasteful. Hobit thanks for the advice any airframe I end up in, if I were to end up in one is going to make for a good life with great people. What are you currently on?

Latest resources

Back