March 15 FedEx class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

XUSAir

Rumor is, this monday a class of corporate and internal guys are supposed to start. I heard this from a guy that is in the class and a flex instructor. The classes are going to go through April and hire at least 40. Also heard we may get some additional lift, that could push the the number to 200 this year. Two calls for draft today. We sure need guys here. Good news, hope it's true.:) :)

Last edited:
Talked to Jack Lewis (Chief Pilot) yesterday and my impression is 200 by the end of the year is unlikely. He said "about" 35 in the next month or so, and interview another 10 to backfill the pool to about 50 guys.

"Let the band play Dixie"

How many and when?

Does anyone know how many internals are going to go to the line during these upcoming classes?

Also how large are the class sizes? I know 12 per class is the norm, but does anyone know for sure for the upcoming classes?

Any ideas on when the first class containing guys out of the pool will start?

Maybe we should start a "pool" (pun intended) for the date.
I would guess 19 April.

Just trying to get an idea on how long I need to plan my decompression stops as I start to come out of the pool. :)

Last edited:
Does anybody know what the stipulations are for our FE written. If we start class with a valid written and it expires before we get our check ride whether or not it is still good. Since I've already taken it twice I would rather not take it again unless absolutely necessary. Was wondering why all the chatter stopped about classes. Is this the calm before storm. Sure would like to be on the property soon. "hangin tight with my man JIM BEAM"KROCK

maybe

Hope your right, it has been a long time...:eek: :confused:

MD80JAD said:
Does anybody know what the stipulations are for our FE written. If we start class with a valid written and it expires before we get our check ride whether or not it is still good.
I asked KD about this last year and the response I got was the FE written has to be valid through ground school and checkride. So if it's getting close to expiring, I'd go ahead and do it again.

It's official... Was walking in the MD-11 training building today
and low and behold a bunch of guys in blue suits and ties were
strolling around.....

New hire class of internals... not sure how many but at least there
is a class!

Past...

PastV1 said:
It's official... Was walking in the MD-11 training building today
and low and behold a bunch of guys in blue suits and ties were
strolling around.....

New hire class of internals... not sure how many but at least there
is a class!
Sounds more like interviewees? Could both be happening?

Latest resources

Back