Manzanillo, Mexico???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mjmcint

Anybody have good intell on flying into ZLU (Manzanillo)? Is it safe to park there overnight? Customs experiences? Any help at all would be appreciated!

MJ

It is, was safe to park overnight in 2004. Customs was a breeze. Stay in the town north of the airport Baro de Navidad(Christmas Bar) not Manzinillo. It is a really cool spot. Bring your stick cause the surf can be wicked.:beer:

I'm not sure there is a safe place to park a Metro in all of Mexico.

If there is, it would be Manzanillo. Was there in August. Nice place.

I was there on a daytrip last August also. Spectacular place to visit. Security is fine, and customs is a breaze if you want to spend the money on a handler. Try Manny Aviation Services online to arrange for one.

Manzanillo is tropical Mexico, but it isn't nearly as built up as Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta, or other resort destinations. It was also one of the sites used in filming the movie "10" (Bo Derek) 30 years ago.

Might be busy there this time of year, but I think it would be worth it.

Hi!

We're going there on vacation for 2 weeks this year. We've been going there since 1995, I think, in addition to other places in Mexico.

The #1 rated resort in Mexico, the Grand Bay Hotel is located N. of the airport, just a water taxi ride across the inlet from the town of Barre de Navidad. The Grand Bay is very expensive unless you book a great deal ahead. There are now some very nice little hotels in BdN that are reasonably priced.

We always stay one week in the Tesoro Manznillo, which used to be Sierra Manznillo. That is South of the airport, but North of the port of Manzanillo. It is on a peninsula that has a number of nice places to stay.

There are now a number of different airlines serving the airport. It also now has a modern terminal.

cliff
GRB

Anybody have good intell on flying into ZLU (Manzanillo)? Is it safe to park there overnight? Customs experiences? Any help at all would be appreciated!

MJ

Make sure you punch "ZLO" into the box before taking off or you may find yourself somewhere other than Manzanillo. :)

Latest resources

Back