• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Managua, Nicaragua

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jesus pilot ryan are they trying to get you killed? Sounds like you should bring a flak jacket.

Keep your head down

Geez, guess we were lucky then. We've gone there twice now (for a grand total of 8 days) and we were out seeing the sights, and mingling with the locals with no problem what so ever.

As with any foreign country though, you have to use your head. There are places you definetely want to avoid, but just stick to the main, well populated places and you'll be fine. If your gut is telling you that you shouldn't be there, then you should listen to it and leave. It's far from a war zone as everyone else described. Just be in your hotel room well before the night time sets in!

There some beautiful scenery in that area for you to enjoy, and the locals (the unarmed ones I guess) are very friendly).

Ask your handler to show you around. There is a really cool volcanoe you can go to where you can hear the magma as you look over the rim. The markets are pretty cool, too. Definitely stay at the Intercontinental.
Good luck!

Back. Stayed at the Intercontinental in Tegucigalpa. Ended up not going to Managua. Actually had a good time in Honduras. The locals were friendly but very few speak any English at all. We had a very pretty female handler go out on the town with us. Now that I've been, the Ac-u-kwik comments seem a little over the top. I agree with User998, if you use your head there's no reason to freak out over everything. I'm actually kinda looking forward to going back later in the fall.

The approach was gnarly! VOR-DME 20 approach, circle to land on Runway 02. Pretty steep gradient to clear the hill on short final. Cool arrival and departure, though. I steered past the 100 ft. tall Jesus statue on the mountain just north of the airport on departure.

Latest resources

Back