Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Pilot_Ryan

Tiller Twirler
Spending two days there this week. Int'l Ac-u-Kwik sends mostly negative vibes about leaving the hotel. I think I saw the words "small arms gunfire" and "kidnappings" in the text somewhere. Any recommendations?

Yeah. Don't leave the hotel and pack some extra food. The food is questionable. We stayed at the princess, I think but I would reccomend the Intercontinental. It is a third world country in every way.

Intercontinental definately the place to stay..bullet holes in the walls surrounding the compound last time I stayed there..If you want to see the sights, let the hotel arrange a cab and drive around, don't recommend hoofing too far away from the hotel.

Go hang with the Sandanistas at the shooting range. No Seriously don't leave the hotel.

googles nice picture of my fellow countrywomen. :)

Pilot_Ryan said:
Spending two days there this week. Int'l Ac-u-Kwik sends mostly negative vibes about leaving the hotel. I think I saw the words "small arms gunfire" and "kidnappings" in the text somewhere. Any recommendations?

Small arms gunfire is the least of your worries, wait until you drink the water and eat the food.:puke:

Intercontinental, across from the Mall. Nighttime, do not leave hotel, daytime, preferably pre-2 PM (all the crooks are just waking up from being out all night), you can hit the mall, just be heads up on surroundings.

Bring picture ID, passport, and whatever CASH you think you need. Leave ALL CREDIT CARDS, etc, IN ROOM.

If you get jacked up, and they discover you have NO ATM card, NO credit card, etc, you just became a robbed-non-kidnapee.

Versus a robbed-kidnapee who is about to be brought to every ATM in town at gun point to drain your balance.

Great tips, thanks.

Yeah, been to the D.R. and Jamaica enough times to know not to drink the water or eat the food. I used a tiny amount of water in Santiago to brush my teeth and then spit out - stupid me. Got sick.

BTW we are now also going to Honduras.

Honduras

stay at Marriott, best hotel in MHTG. Same rules apply when out on town.

BE CAREFUL on the approach, one of the most challenging in latin America.

US Air Force and American Airlines have pranged airplanes on that approach over the years

later

Latest resources

Back