Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

VW Pilot

MMM...PIGEON CASSEROLE
The students at Regional Airline Academy of course.......Deland, FL and Arizona locations. They closed the doors shut. Word is they just took the students money and never said anything about how students would finish, get back funds or anything. That's gotta suck......I feel for all the students at their training centers....lots of lost money and incomplete training.....

http://www.beacononlinenews.com/news/daily/1483

YIKES! Story says they are working on reimbursment of student's funds.....I hope it works out for these guys......

Last edited:
Not the first time we've seen a Fla. flight school lock the doors in the middle of the night. Swimming with sharks.........lying down with dogs......whatever your favorite saying, it's best to stay away from operations like these.

Seen this happen plenty of times. Even worked at a place that did it. It's quite unethical. Why some of these people aren't physically harmed leaves me wondering. It's really sad to see people get financially jerked trying to do something they love.

To anyone looking to become a pilot through a mill, think twice. I'd lean towards something more reputable like ALLATPS. They seem less likely to shutdown and screw you.

This is what happens to some people who have more money than sense. When I looked into one of the much talked about pilot mill schools in FL, one of many reasons I decided not to go was the fact that they wanted all the money up front. I had the funds in an interest bearing account, and showed them the balance. Why would I give them ALL my money so that they could earn interest on it instead of me?

Even at the small part 61 school, I never gave them more than a couple grand at a time to keep on my account. They had no problem with me even paying as I went, but having a certain amount qualified me for a better block hour rate.

Bottom line is payment for services rendered. Even colleges only make you pay a semester at a time.

Was this ran by the same people that ran Tab Express?

Was this ran by the same people that ran Tab Express?

negativo! mr.way2broke...

they had 3 schools operating and first they close the one in fort pierce... than Arizona and the last was Deland.....

I went to Tabexpress and I can tell u that schools like this one are the ones that break our hearts and dreams.... they just want money!

those bastards!

I feel for this guys, I know its very difficult to continue with your aviation carreer....

but if I were they, I get an attorney and get everyone involve to sue them!

ATA, Tabexpress students just did that and they end up not paying the loan back, ofcourse of long battle but they won! it was free training! but at a cost of gray hairs!

Latest resources

Back