• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Man exits taxiing AA jet via slide

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and it gets to the gate on time! Classic!

Man jumps out of taxiing airliner in Dallas

DALLAS (AP) — Authorities say a 26-year-old passenger ran to the front of a taxiing plane, opened a door and slid down to the tarmac before being detained.
American Airlines spokesman Tim Smith says the man — who was not injured — was among 87 passengers aboard Flight 1343 from Charlotte, North Carolina, to Dallas on Tuesday.
Smith says the flight was uneventful until it landed at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
Two ramp workers detained the man until airport police took him into custody.
Workers removed the slide so the plane could continue to the gate. Smith says the flight ended on time.
FIND MORE STORIES IN: North Carolina | Charlotte | Airlines | Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport | Tim Smith
An airport spokesman says the man was referred to a local hospital for psychological evaluation.
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast

Looks like AA is padding the schedule a little too much.

Option A - depart the plane and risk death by being ingested into a running jet engine.

Option B - ride in a dirty, rikkety old bucket of bolts DC-9 with no in flight entertainment and stews that average 102 in age.

I think the guy made the right move.

Option A - depart the plane and risk death by being ingested into a running jet engine.

Option B - ride in a dirty, rikkety old bucket of bolts DC-9 with no in flight entertainment and stews that average 102 in age.

I think the guy made the right move.

Frank... you are wanted in the Eastern thread.... Is Phil Bakes still under your desk? How GWHB?

When it comes to overall decency and class amongst the working wealthy, I rank them at the bottom based upon their usual conduct. From what I've seen, they tend to be the most misbehaved morally, compared to lawyers, doctors and those in other high-paying fields. There's something about finance that brings out the animal in these folks.

You MUST be joking, right?

Ever heard of the tv show, "Cops"?

You MUST be joking, right?

Ever heard of the tv show, "Cops"?

I've seen the program before but don't watch it regularly. It would appear that most in that show are street criminals, not the "working wealthy" as I stated.

And yes, investment bankers are the most pompous and arrogant of the well-paid bunch. Their behavior is quite rude and obnoxious. Reread my post.

I've seen the program before but don't watch it regularly. It would appear that most in that show are street criminals, not the "working wealthy" as I stated.

And yes, investment bankers are the most pompous and arrogant of the well-paid bunch. Their behavior is quite rude and obnoxious. Reread my post.

I reread your post. I now see you are pointing the finger at investment bankers with regards to lack of class and decency. I mistakenly read your post to mean people of affluence had no class in relation to those with differing financial backgrounds. If that was the case, I'd have to disagree with you.

Cheers

Or pilots who open an overwing exit to do a contamination check of the wings-- yes, the slide will deploy (oops)...

..and how do we know this little tid-bit of informaton ??;)

PHXFLYR:cool:

Latest resources

Back