Man exits taxiing AA jet via slide

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skippy

and it gets to the gate on time! Classic!

Man jumps out of taxiing airliner in Dallas

DALLAS (AP) — Authorities say a 26-year-old passenger ran to the front of a taxiing plane, opened a door and slid down to the tarmac before being detained.
American Airlines spokesman Tim Smith says the man — who was not injured — was among 87 passengers aboard Flight 1343 from Charlotte, North Carolina, to Dallas on Tuesday.
Smith says the flight was uneventful until it landed at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
Two ramp workers detained the man until airport police took him into custody.
Workers removed the slide so the plane could continue to the gate. Smith says the flight ended on time.
FIND MORE STORIES IN: North Carolina | Charlotte | Airlines | Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport | Tim Smith
An airport spokesman says the man was referred to a local hospital for psychological evaluation.
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast

Moron! Time to raise ticket prices even more. Keep these white trash, no good, selfish, insane, stupid, moronic, pin-headed, jack@sses off our airplanes. This kind of crap is happening way too much. Enough is enough!

Moron! Time to raise ticket prices even more. Keep these white trash, no good, selfish, insane, stupid, moronic, pin-headed, jack@sses off our airplanes. This kind of crap is happening way too much. Enough is enough!

A$$holery transcends economic status. The guy who took a dump on the United serving cart a few years back was an Investment Banker. If pure Darwinism prevailed, slide-boy would have been ingested the minute he hit the ground (probably an MD-80, though).

A similar attempt happened on Southwest in SLC a number of years ago. On that one, other passengers restrained him from going out the over wing exit.

I would imagine in both cases, the guy's fears overwhelmed his common sense and he had to get out NOW.

No good, selfish, insane, stupid, moronic, pinheaded, jack@sses are found at all income levels in our society. Some of the best examples are the ones that think "their" social standing is superior to someone else's.

I was thinking MD-80 too. Putting myself in that guys shoes though, I know what he was thinking... "Jeez, I can walk faster than this Grandpa is taxiing...matter of fact.." and the rest is history. ;)

We had a top end lawyer for CBS that absolutely refused to hang up his cell phone and told the FA to blow him. He also told that to the NYPD who proceeded to rearrange his face after he swung at them.

Claimed a a reaction with his prescription medications due to the aircraft cabin pressure. Unfortunately the plane was at the gate.

He was hog tied and carried off the plane

We had a guys several years ago at Piedmont who threatened to go out the overwing on the Dash, because TPA ramp was closed due to lightining. SO we sat right in front of the gate waiting for the rampt to open when the FA rings us saying I guy is trying to go out.

We should have let him, maybe he would have turned into the prop. Dead men tell no secrets.

A$$holery transcends economic status. The guy who took a dump on the United serving cart a few years back was an Investment Banker. If pure Darwinism prevailed, slide-boy would have been ingested the minute he hit the ground (probably an MD-80, though).

When it comes to overall decency and class amongst the working wealthy, I rank them at the bottom based upon their usual conduct. From what I've seen, they tend to be the most misbehaved morally, compared to lawyers, doctors and those in other high-paying fields. There's something about finance that brings out the animal in these folks.

Latest resources

Back