Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crashpad

"Why do you come to me?"
Just saw this fat piece of $hit with his porker wife and their attourney, all smiles and jovial as they left the courthouse. Let's strap him in a chair and point lasers into his retna. I think the punishment should fit the crime.

AIRLINE INDUSTRY INFORMATION-(C)1997-2005 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD
A man from New Jersey has been charged with temporarily blinding the pilot and co-pilot of an aircraft with a laser beam.
The 38-year-old man was charged on Tuesday (4 January) with interfering with the operator of a mass transportation vehicle and making false statements to the FBI.
At first, the man claimed it was his seven-year-old daughter who had aimed the device at the helicopter, but finally he admitted that he had pointed the light beam at a jet and a helicopter over his home near Teterboro Airport. He claimed that he was using the device to look at the stars with his daughter, said the authorities.
If convicted the man could face 25 years in prison and a USD500,000 fine, reported The Associated Press.

crashpad said:
AIRLINE INDUSTRY INFORMATION-(C)1997-2005 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD

{snipped for brevity}

He claimed that he was using the device to look at the stars with his daughter, said the authorities.
If convicted the man could face 25 years in prison and a USD500,000 fine, reported The Associated Press.

Right. That is some defense - blame it on the kid first, THEN say you were using it as a laser pointer to show the kid stars. I can't imagine the output that laser would need in order to illuminate enough particulates in the air so you could actually see the beam enough to reference stars with it, especially with the enormous amount of cultural lighting in the TEB area.

"Oh, I was pointing at stars with it, and just happened to aim it continously at a jet and a helicopter. My bad!"

I like crashpad's idea, but no chance of it happening. I would like to see him made an example of and given at least some jail time (let's be realistic, even if he was given 25 years, he isn't going to do all of it), but moreso made to pay the full fine. I don't care how long it takes him, make it a large economic burden on him - he'll cringe at the thought of not having cash to spend at Wal-Mart to buy oversize foam cowboy hats and bulk-size bags of Snickers. Oh, wait, he'll just charge everything and then declare bankruptcy.

Well, it might make some numbskulls think twice.

Anyone hear George Carlin's latest routine? His last live show on HBO didn't impress me, but this latest one was quite funny (not as funny as when he was still on cocaine, but still...) He talks in great detail about people like the guy who pulled this laser stunt.

Unfortunately, there are a LOT of stupid people out there.

Latest resources

Back