• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Man arrested in connection to recent SEA laser events!

Jetjockey

Stay thirsty my friends
Total Time
18K+
I assumed it was just a shark...

:D

" All I ask for is sharks with FREAKIN' Laser beams attached to their heads!"

-Dr. Evil

N1atEcon

Total Time
Good to hear. I got hit by a green one at 3000' going into MDW. I like the 100,000 fine.

Princedietrich

Retired Starchecker
Total Time
Enough
"Activate the unnecessarily slow dipping mechanism!"

Jetjockey

Stay thirsty my friends
Total Time
18K+
It's long and hard, and full of seaman..................No?, nothing?

slaquer5

Total Time
>19k
Anybody seen or heard from Tanker Clown lately???

I am guessing he is lying low, he was busted by some SWA guys on our pprune, they know who he is and how long he has been at SWA. :). Its kind of funny how now the little girl does not come on here. I for one would still like to know who he is.

Mamma

Total Time
+1
David Campbell, of the Air Line Pilots Association, has said that a bright laser can be a huge distraction for pilots.

David really explained to the flying public the dangers of lasing cockpits. Distracting? Yes. Potentially blinding to the guys trying to land the plane? Uh, yes. Not trying to slam David, but what he said is akin to saying "bullets can cause a bit of pain" when describing the effects of getting shot.

Baze

Kama'aina
Total Time
11000+
I'm willing to give Dave the benefit of the doubt on this. Who knows what else he told the reporter about laser events. The reporter probably dropped the ball on this one.

I don't trust the media, especially the local reporters who are supposed to be "aviation experts." Just take a look at Glen Farley on King-5.

Lasers causing temporary blindness to pilots has actually been covered well. I don't know why this article failed to mention this fact.

Mamma

Total Time
+1
I'm willing to give Dave the benefit of the doubt on this. Who knows what else he told the reporter about laser events. The reporter probably dropped the ball on this one.

I don't trust the media, especially the local reporters who are supposed to be "aviation experts." Just take a look at Glen Farley on King-5.

Lasers causing temporary blindness to pilots has actually been covered well. I don't know why this article failed to mention this fact.

I agree with you on this one! Probably took 2% of what he said and printed it.