• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Making Time Fly in Flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I firmly believe that it's every passengers right to be cold, and to be asleep on an airplane. :D

Seriously though, flights have always been nap time for me. Whether I was deadheading or non-reving, the only difference would be if I had my Capt or F/O to use as a pillow or not....

Pax: Sleep or MP3 player
Crew: AM over the ADF

Last edited:
I usually set the proximity alarm on the GPS and couple the auto-pilot. Then, rack out until it wakes me up. Which is the reason I'm such a lousy C-207 driver.

Crew: FM over the ADF

No FM over the ADF, however, I can hear some good 100,000 watt mexican fm stations if I tune the nav radio low enough.

The way to go upfront is with an xm radio.

What do the Mexican radio stations top out at (frequency wise)? I found a few good AM music stations around here (it's tough to find them).

bought one of those $hitty hook-ups for my cd player. just kinda hide it in front of my seat and the pax never know. last year it was disney radio...all summer. that's the only decent thing i could find in the NE. made for a long summer.

Long flight boredom relief ....

My favorite boredom relief is fiddling with the ADF to receive right-wing talk radio piped into the headset along with the current COM frequency.

Once I find a station strong enough to listen to, I push the ADF button to see if it's coming or going. If it's somewhere ahead, I turn off the pointer needle (results in a stronger signal) and cruise along until it gets weak. Then I search out another.

At night once flying over Ohio, I listened to an AM station from California that remained real strong for at least 30 minutes.

Beats falling asleep.

starvingcfi said:
bought one of those $hitty hook-ups for my cd player. just kinda hide it in front of my seat and the pax never know. last year it was disney radio...all summer. that's the only decent thing i could find in the NE. made for a long summer.
Yeah, yeah...you say that now, but we all know what you really do to make the time fly by! ;)

:p

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back