• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Make The Call People

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's be honest- the reason there is a significant push from pilots to fly beyond 60 is b/c the retirements and pensions were STOLEN from them. Repeat: F***ing STOLEN! Millions from thousands and thousands of pilots. Every PILOT IN THE COUNTRY SHOULD HAVE WALKED OFF THE JOB IN THAT INSTANT THAT THE FIRST PENSION GOT ROBBED. ALPA chose appeasement instead, and now they get in the way of letting a group they represent try to EARN their way back in the black.

I apologize, though i'm for personal responsibility, there are many many pilots who should have been able to count on that pension. Pensions are NOT welfare. They earned it.

AMEN BRO! AMEN! That's what I don't get. Instead of trying to get back what is rightfully yours, we're all trying TO WORK LONGER?!?!? Management must just be laughing at us and salivating at the mouth trying to figure out ways to use 65 to their advantage.

Dude! You hit the nail on the head....STOLEN PENSIONS and some of these fools are crying "discrimination". UH......WHAT!?!?!?!? It's true though, we are our own worst enemies and management is laughing all the way to the bank!

BUT.......BUT...
Everybody I know has a big but. I'm channeling PeeWee now. :nuts:

Seriously, though, you do make a valid point. That's the problem with bad laws like the age 60 thing. Once they are in place, it's difficult to fix them. No matter what you do, somebody gets burned in the short term.

Everybody I know has a big but. I'm channeling PeeWee now. :nuts:

Seriously, though, you do make a valid point. That's the problem with bad laws like the age 60 thing. Once they are in place, it's difficult to fix them. No matter what you do, somebody gets burned in the short term.

Dang! Someone said I make a valid point. That's a first! :D

Ridiculous reasoning. Every country is allowed to file exemptions to the ICAO conventions. Our country has dozens of them.

It has nothing to do with"reason". The FACT is they're doing it.They can and are and we can't and aren't. Not equitable,plain and simple.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back