Majors to EJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
reepicheep said:
I know for a fact at least a couple of US Airways guys who are not scheduled for furlough went to an EJA interview; not sure if they were offered jobs or took them.

I'm sure there is more to the story than you know... there always is if a pilot at a major is giving it up for EJA. Perhaps they are 59?? Who know what else might be behind this choice. Money is not one of them, that's for sure!!

COEX-FO, maybe their motivation was that they wanted to work at a company that might actually still be around when they hit 59. I know that would be a big reason for me to make the jump.

reepicheep said:
COEX-FO, maybe their motivation was that they wanted to work at a company that might actually still be around when they hit 59. I know that would be a big reason for me to make the jump.

Could be!

decisions

Might be useful to some to pass on this example of someone I knew who left a major in mid-career(1980s). Post by reepicheep
reminded me of it.
He left Eastern several years before the end-hired by United and,
of course, at the bottom of the list. He must about 59 by now and has been a Captain for probably 10yrs or so(767?). Was a long time 727FE/FO at EAL and he ground through all scenarios, risks, etc. before leaving. Remember EAL was largest US carrier in # passengers
carried at one time if I'm not mistaken. Obviously, Eastern/PanAm
situations much different than that of USAir or others. And what if EAL had been bought by AA back then. But here was someone who made
a big move, which fortunately turned out to be right.
Although this wasn't Major-Fractional situation, probably similar enough to hopefully be helpful to anyone interested.

Latest resources

Back