• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Majority of fliers want to segregate the rug rats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So I guess I am being a "bad parent" when my 2 year old son is crying because the pressure changes are hurting his ears. Just because a kid is crying it isn't as simple as the parent is no good.

I think people are more concerned with the parents that let their kids run up and down the aisles, constantly kick the seats in front of them and otherwise run roughshod with little or no supervision. I want to stab those parents in their faces.

I don't like dipsh!ts, can we have a dipsh!t only section? What about fat people, I hate having to sit next to a fat person, can't we create seperate section for fatties? I guess it would have to be over the wing to handle the extra weight and ensure the CG doesn't get out of limits...I digress.

People suck.

Effin AAAAAAAAA!

So I guess I am being a "bad parent" when my 2 year old son is crying because the pressure changes are hurting his ears. Just because a kid is crying it isn't as simple as the parent is no good.

Pop a bottle in, give em a pacifier teach them/help the valsalva. Don't just sit like a log and look apologetic. As for the chair kicking, aisle running, yelling lil turds, whup dat tail!!

Or do as I do and give them the mean old biker wants to kill you look, that usually settles them down!!:D

No! I don't think anyone is saying that at all. Most are referring to misbehaving kids in public and parents that just have no control over those kids.

Be seen and not heard

When I was growing up in Ireland my grandmother had a saying for the grand children who came to her house - "children should be seen and not heard"
On Sunday nights in her house the adults would all retire to the parlor for sing song and all the grandchildren would sit o the stairs outside the parlor and would only come into the parlor when called to sing or refresh someone’s libation – ah the “good old day’s”

As regards segregation it worked well in Ireland at church where they had a separate glassed in section (screeching chamber) for the infants and younger children – now kicking the back of your seat or listening to a baby scream its head off for 3 hours

Raising ticket prices would eliminate about 3/4s of the boorish and bratty behavior. Not to mention increase revenues while decreasing load factors and congestion.

There has to be some price point where the increase in prices and decrease in load factors balance out, but who knows where it is. I think the airlines have gotten so used to losing money on each seat that they're not willing to try something that might possibly improve the air travel experience.

I think the airline that figures it out will be a winner.

Latest resources

Back