Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FLB717

Pilot=proof of Gods humor
With the current number of Furloughs at: AA DAL CAL and NWA how long at the mentioned rates of recall whill it take to bring all back? Please only answer for your respective airline. Thanks

After the March furlough AA will have a total of 2,458 pilots on the street. The company has said in the past that they can train approx. 40 per month upon recall (seems low to me). Even if they could do 100, that is 24+ months. I doubt recalls will even start until Early 2005 at best. If they stick to an average of 40 a months (up's and downs in the economy, terror atacks, unknowns) then recalls would be done sometime in 2010.

Delta's recalls will be interesting. We have 1060 out on the street currently, and the company wants productivity concessions to keep them out longer. The problem for them is that the RPM level that the arbitrator set up during the FM1 arbitration is actually approaching thanks to the NW/CO/DL codeshare. When those RPM limits are hit, the company HAS TO start recalling. We don't know what Dalpa will do in these concession talks, but I don't think they will sell out the furloughs--although they might agree to a "slower" come back---which might keep them out a little longer. I hope that does not happen, and won't vote for it. I want a healthy company, but not at the expense of the furloughs. Maybe they can put them in some new 70 seat RJs if they want---just put them back to work somehow, in something...So it might take awhile to get everyone back--maybe 4-5 years??? We will have 500 or so more retirements by then end of 2005.

Bye Bye--General Lee;) :rolleyes:

I don't even know I would bother saying this... but what about United? Too far out in left field to even tell?

NWA

Anybody know how many NWA has furloughed and if there is any sign of when they are coming back?

Recalls

I have heard that in the past only 1/3 of all furloughs returned on average when recalled. Can anyone verify this? There is not a lot of data out there that I have found supporting or disproving this.

Thanks,

CD

Re: Recalls

Conquest Driver said:
I have heard that in the past only 1/3 of all furloughs returned on average when recalled. Can anyone verify this? There is not a lot of data out there that I have found supporting or disproving this.

I suppose that depends on who you got furloughed from and when.

Latest resources

Back