• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Major Least affected by 65 - PLZ HELP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dad retired at 64.1. After 5 years of driving mom crazy, went back to work at almost 69 and today is 70.5 and still going strong. Your point with the worthless chart?!

Holy cow someone lived longer than the chart says, it must be worthless. I mean doesn't the chart mean that is precisely when everyone will die. The chart may not be measuring exactly what some think it is. There are a lot of variables and I doubt it is for airline pilots specifically. Probably a lot of spurious relationships in there as well. However, I doubt it is that far off. It certainly seems logical.

Holy cow someone lived longer than the chart says, it must be worthless. I mean doesn't the chart mean that is precisely when everyone will die. The chart may not be measuring exactly what some think it is. There are a lot of variables and I doubt it is for airline pilots specifically. Probably a lot of spurious relationships in there as well. However, I doubt it is that far off. It certainly seems logical.

The chart has no real relevance and does not seem logical without the supporting data behind it. The chart may be for coal miners for all we know. Boeing pension plan data is not directly relevant to pilot retirement age death statistics.

A former employer had to hire actuaries to create special tables for the pension plan due to extremely skewed longevity among the employees. Point being: one employer's data doesn't work for all industry(ies)!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back