• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SkyWestCRJPilot

Now a CAL FO
Two Questions:

1. What are the numbers of furloughed pilots at Delta, United, US Airways, Continental, Northwest, and American?

2. Also what are the hires dates of the most senior furloughed pilot at each airline?

Thanks.

At Delta there will unfortunately be 1310 furloughs as of June 1st. I believe that goes back to November of 1999. Some of them hopefully will be coming back soon--especially if Dalpa actually files an arbitration grievance due to the "War Emergency" clause has ended. The loads are back up to pre-war levels, and the arbitrator ruled in our favor to stop the furloughs at 1060 before the War started. Obviously the War is over and the numbers are coming back. (all we need are the passenger numbers -----not the fares$$$---due to our "circumstances for which we have no control" portion of our no furlough clause)

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: ;)

you forgot one thing

hey genny , you forgot to blame it all on Comair. geez you're slipping !!!

US Aiways furloughs

US Airways has 1,827 pilots on furlough with 52 more on June 4. On June 4 the most senior furloughed pilots hire date is July 5, 1988.

Sad, very sad.

American

On 6/01/03 there will be 1288 pilots on furlough with 283 more announced for 7/01/03. Another 2000-2200 will be furloughed before 6/01/04 to include me. The most senior pilot hired at American Airlines (assuming that all xTWA pilots were hired at American Airlines in April 2001) with furlough protection (what a joke I was furlough protected once also) was hired in Jan 2000.

For a grand total of somewhere around 3300-3500 pilots on furlough this time next year from American. We should start our own Airline. We would be bigger than most out there.

Come on Southwest I need to feel some LUV. Can't wait until you guys start interviewing again. Hind sight sure is better than 20/20. I might have been there 3 years now if I would have just gone to that interview.

Last edited:
9RJ9,

I like Genny--that's a good one. Anyways, this subject isn't as funny to me due to the fact that a lot of my friends are out on the street, and they have gotten no help from Comair. One actually went to ASA, and is happy there. He was furloughed off of a 767 and is now on the RJ, and happy to be there. I do thank them for their generosity.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

General Lee said:
Anyways, this subject isn't as funny to me .......Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

But a SWA nose gear collapse in AMA is? Man, you've got F#cked up priorities. As much joking and ribbing that goes on this board, I think any pilot would not lower themselves by joking about an aircraft accident. Maybe I’m just superstitious.

Canyonblue,

I always have said that I was happy that nobody got hurt. Re-read my posts. The naked part was a ribbing at the Southwest pilots, not the passengers or anyone on that plane. I never called into question the pilot's flying skills, etc. I have no doubt they were good pilots caught in a bad situation. The naked part was for you guys. You need to relax. My devotion to our furloughed pilots and their plight is not a bad thing. That has always been my position. Chill out.

Bye Bye---General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: ;)

United

As of July 2003 we will have 1,555 guys/gals on furlough. The rumor is about 400-500 more and that should be about it.

Current DOH is about June 1999

Latest resources

Back