Major Airline Furloughs.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FLB717,

Im pretty low on the totempole at DAL and a realistic guess would be 2005 for me-----------> IF AT ALL!!!!!! Dunno, but Im not waitin around and holding my breath. AHHHHH patience is a virtue, but waiting sure does SUCK!!!! Good luck to all.

Not to be the grim reaper here, but some airlines have a time limit on recall rights.

Given the direction of this industry with more flying farmed out to the RJ's, this is going to be a real issue.

UAL

United just announced another 88 furloughs effective July 31st.

This will bring the total to 1,643.

I just wish I could get hired by Alaska and get this UAL nightmare behind me. :(

GP

Hawaiian

And for anyone interested in smaller fish, Hawaiian has 105 on furlough, to a hire date of September 1999.

HAL

Re: UAL

GuppyPuppy said:
United just announced another 88 furloughs effective July 31st.

This will bring the total to 1,643.

I just wish I could get hired by Alaska and get this UAL nightmare behind me. :(

GP

What Date Of Hire does this 1,643 equate to?

Why is it that the 7th largest airline..(U.S.Air) has the largest # of furloughees?? Does anyone want to speculate.

My best guess is that they have no feed, or atleast very little since the mainline pilots scoped every express carrier out of R.J's. My guess is if Airways had the feed, they wouldn't have to bleed.

My $.02

Alaska Airlines has hired 3 furloughed US Airways pilots. So to answer the question if furloughees have gotten a job, I know where to find three of the luckiest.

Latest resources

Back