• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Magenta Line - Thursday, December 13, 2012

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Comical statement with your Gulfstream background.

He could use your legal background. Word has it that Seth MacFarlane used PCL for his creation of Peter Griffin from Family Guy. Check out the photo on the ALPA website for the likeness. It would be yet another hand out for PCL, so he doesn't have to work too hard and can continue to tell us how perfect ALPA is.

Hillarious. Your scope section has NOTHING to recapture any UA Express flying. ZILCH. It is very ambiguous about parking 50 seaters too. The DL scope brought down RJ numbers greatly, and had 717s tied to any 76 seaters. If you vote for yours, it's all your fault. I wouldn't have voted for yours, there is just no carrot that helps your pilot group out. (717s) FEWER RJs TOTAL, better ratio in favor of mainline, and 717s.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Incorrect.

[FONT=&quot]The JCBA provides for significant limits on the number of hulls in UAX operations that do not exist under the present UAL or CAL books. Under the present UAL contract, the Company is permitted to utilize an unlimited number of 70-seaters, an unlimited number of 50-seaters, and an unlimited number of turboprops with 78 seats or below. As discussed below, the Company is limited only by the block hour ratio, under which Express flying cannot exceed 100 percent of all Company flying mainline block hours, measured once per calendar year and presently with 20 percent headroom ability for UAX to further grow its flying.

Under current CAL book, the Company can exceed 274 50-seat aircraft if it adds aircraft to the mainline fleet, but there is no mechanism to reduce the number of 50-seaters should mainline fleet be reduced. Because of new aircraft delivered to CAL since 2005, the maximum number of 50-seaters permitted today is 330. Presently, 227 of the permitted 330 under the CAL book are flown. In addition and not subject to any restriction, the Company can utilize an unlimited number of turboprops with 79 seats (Q400) or below.

By contrast, under the JCBA, beginning in January 2014, 50-seat aircraft are limited to 90 percent of single-aisle aircraft. In addition, starting in January 2014, 76-seaters (including the Q400) are allowed, but are capped at 130, and the total number of 76- and 70-seat aircraft cannot exceed 255. Beginning in 2016, the 76-seaters are capped at 153, and the total number of 70-and 76-seat aircraft may not number more than 255 for the life of the agreement. However, after January 2016, if the Company has added no fewer than 88 new small narrow body aircraft (NSNB) to its mainline fleet, it can increase the number of 76-seaters from 153 to 223 (223 being the maximum regardless of the number of NSNB purchases), but must also reduce the number of its 50-seat hulls to no more than 125 – and it may not operate more than 102 70-seat aircraft. This also triggers an aggressive reduction in the 1-C-1-F block hour ratio to reflect the overall reduction of UAX total hulls and to account for a net increase in total single-aisle hulls at mainline.

[/FONT]

When someone has no rational argument, they resort to personal attacks. Pretty transparent.

He's still doing those? I think I got one from him a decade ago. My favorite part was where he talked about how his career would have been even better if he had scabbed at CAL in the '80s. Such a great guy

So you dont like pilotyip talking about scabbing at CAL in your post above, but it WAS okay for you to drop $20,000 to the Scab founder at Gulfstream? How DO you manage to talk so well out both sides of your mouth?

He could use your legal background. Word has it that Seth MacFarlane used PCL for his creation of Peter Griffin from Family Guy. Check out the photo on the ALPA website for the likeness. It would be yet another hand out for PCL, so he doesn't have to work too hard and can continue to tell us how perfect ALPA is.

I got a good chuckle out of that..................an uncanny resemblance. I bill out at $250/hour and my minimum retainer is $5,000.

PCL, I'll see what I can do for you if you can come up for air long enough crawling around Herndon on your hands and knees.

Last edited:
I got a good chuckle out of that..................an uncanny resemblance. I bill out at $250/hour and my minimum retainer is $5,000.

PCL, I'll see what I can do for you if you can come up for air long enough crawling around Herndon on your hands and knees.

He should be able to cover that rate. He was able to come up with a much bigger chunk of cash earlier in his career. Does he still remember the PIN to his parental debit card? That is the question.

Latest resources

Back