Magenta Line - Thursday, December 13, 2012

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CAL EWR B737

[FONT=&quot]Today is Thursday, December 13, 2012 and we have one item for your review. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Item 1: Message from the Chairman - Eyes Wide Open[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]By now, everyone has had ample opportunity to dissect the T/A, by reading all the Crews News, by studying the contents of www.unitedpilotagreement.com, by having your questions answered by Fact Team members and Reps in the crew rooms, and hopefully by having had an opportunity to attend one of the Town Halls. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The decision of the MEC whether or not to send the T/A to the pilots was gut wrenching. We were keenly aware of the immense expectations of all of our pilots. However, we needed to balance those expectations with the likelihood of making any significant additional gains to the negotiated T/A. We heard a very somber message from the NMB that implied that they were finished helping us. Without further assistance from the NMB, our ability to gain the leverage needed to secure additional gains was remote at best. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After negotiating for more than two years for our pre-merger section six negotiation and then over two additional years negotiating for our JCBA, I strongly believe that this is the best deal we are going to negotiate. Based on that judgment, I voted to send the T/A to you for your consideration. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]So now the decision lies with each of you. I ask you to make this extremely important decision with your eyes wide open. I promise you that no matter what happens, Mr. Smisek, Fred Abbott and Jackson Martin are going to be just fine either way, but how will your family fare if we are stuck working under a concessionary contract for possibly a long time to come? [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you truly believe that voting no will quickly yield a better T/A in round two, I strongly encourage you to vote no. If you do not truly believe that, and you are simply voting no out of anger or frustration, or because you believe the agreement will pass anyway, please rethink that strategy. Vote for what you truly believe is best for you and your family.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That is all for today. Thank you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Fraternally[/FONT][FONT=&quot],[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Chairman Captain Jayson Baron[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Vice Chairman First Officer Tara Cook[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Secretary-Treasurer Captain Tim Boyens[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Is that message a spoof? If not, I think we have found the next candidate for assistant chief pilot.

And the sell job begins......

Take it from us at Delta....don't buy what they are selling. All he did was cut and paste the airline name when he did the letter.:puke:

And the sell job begins......

Take it from us at Delta....don't buy what they are selling. All he did was cut and paste the airline name when he did the letter.:puke:

Its gonna pass Bill. Better start picking out the few superior parts for DAL in 2016. For the love of god keep GL away from the scope section.

Comical. Jayson used to be considered one of the hardliners. Everyone on this forum used to practically wet themselves with glee every time he posted a hardcore Magenta Line. But now, just because he's smart enough to see that punching the NMB in the face and passing up hundreds of millions of dollars in CBA improvements isn't a wise move, you accuse him of being a management sympathizer.

Pilots are their own worst enemy.

RUN PCL.....

The sky is falling according to Jayson.....

RUNNNNNNNNNN!!!

Its gonna pass Bill. Better start picking out the few superior parts for DAL in 2016. For the love of god keep GL away from the scope section.

Hillarious. Your scope section has NOTHING to recapture any UA Express flying. ZILCH. It is very ambiguous about parking 50 seaters too. The DL scope brought down RJ numbers greatly, and had 717s tied to any 76 seaters. If you vote for yours, it's all your fault. I wouldn't have voted for yours, there is just no carrot that helps your pilot group out. (717s) FEWER RJs TOTAL, better ratio in favor of mainline, and 717s.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hillarious. Your scope section has NOTHING to recapture any UA Express flying. ZILCH. It is very ambiguous about parking 50 seaters too. The DL scope brought down RJ numbers greatly, and had 717s tied to any 76 seaters. If you vote for yours, it's all your fault. I wouldn't have voted for yours, there is just no carrot that helps your pilot group out. (717s) FEWER RJs TOTAL, better ratio in favor of mainline, and 717s.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'll leave it to Jayson to show his leadership and make the case for our newly Lee Moak certified ALPA INDUSTRY LEADING SCOPE! I was unimpressed by your carrot so I find little benefit in our proclaimed 'scope choke'. I still believe your shiny 717 will be parted out long before the MRJ's Skywest firmed up today. But hey at least your management will be forced to park a bunch of timed out CRJ's. :rolleyes:

Yep Jeffery and Richard must be losing sleep over parking POS 50 seaters in exchange for the new generation of large RJ's. And despite your rhetoric we all know if you were over here you would have voted yes after the first road show just like you did at DAL. Unlike too many others that waste their day with you, I'm done with your Internet diarrhea. Now we get to experience what consequences come from ALPA's biggest heavy weights giving up the 76 seat-90 seat airframe once and for all.

Comical. Jayson used to be considered one of the hardliners. Everyone on this forum used to practically wet themselves with glee every time he posted a hardcore Magenta Line. But now, just because he's smart enough to see that punching the NMB in the face and passing up hundreds of millions of dollars in CBA improvements isn't a wise move, you accuse him of being a management sympathizer.

Pilots are their own worst enemy.

The author of the Magenta Lines' that were well received on this board retired. For some reason the magenta line updates trickled to a hault around then. FWIW, the hard liner you disparage has claimed he would vote no. Sorry to change the subject but I heard you once cut a check for about $19,500 to a company owned by a scab named Thomas Cooper. Any truth to that one?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back