• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlightOpsAB

Just speedtape it!
Hey all,

I have been spending some time working on developing a trade pub / magzine for the dispatch / flight ops officer profession. I would like some feedback from the people on this board..

The publication will be devoted to the dx/flight ops controller career and will cover all kinds of topics from safety to career development to visits to flight ops centers, etc.

The subscription will be free to anyone in the profession, but I do need your feedback on what you would like to see in a magzine of this nature.

Thanks in advance!
Andy

Wow! Sounds like a lot of work - but I like. Published how often? Monthly? Bi-Monthly? Quarterly?

Content Suggestion:

• I'm all for better education within the profession, so I'd like to see a 'Refresher Quiz'. With the answers and explanations for self grading placed near the back (or even on the backside of the quiz page – just not on the same page or a facing page).

flyjumpseat said:
Wow! Sounds like a lot of work - but I like. Published how often? Monthly? Bi-Monthly? Quarterly?

Content Suggestion:
  • I'm all for better education within the profession, so I'd like to see a 'Refresher Quiz'. With the answers and explanations for self grading placed near the back (or even on the backside of the quiz page – just not on the same page or a facing page).
Great Idea- make the Refresher Quiz with real world stuff, not stuff from the ATP or stuff from dispatch shool!

Will this be on line or by mail? Just wondering, because this is a pretty small community of people that will be interested in such a publication..I think its a good idea good luck.

rvsm410 said:
Will this be on line or by mail? Just wondering, because this is a pretty small community of people that will be interested in such a publication..I think its a good idea good luck.

I am planning for a print edition to be supplimented by an online edition. The thing is that I do think that there are a lot of people in the dx/flight control profession who can benefit, but unlike other groups, like, say.. PILOTS.. we don't really have a dedicated source of information.
Dispatchers/Flight Ops Officers do a whole helluva lot to keep an airline running and I do honestly think that there should be a good publication out there that would touch on issues of safety, training, "this one time.." kinda stories, etc without all the "fluff".
I mean, every single other part of the airline has it's own publications. Mx, ground ops and of course pilots...
I think the key to

I will of course need as much feedback as possible from anyone and everyone in the community.

Let's start with a name for the publication. Here are my suggestions:
Dispatch Telegram
Dispatch Star
Underpaid-Overworked Weekly

But seriously, this one time, in DX Camp....
:)

Maybe have an article about the enviroment of the office, work rules, different situations that have come up with flights.

Solicit a dispatcher from different companies and have them give input on a particular day. Give the, good, the bad, and the ugly.

I say the name should be:

The Unknown Crew Member

Latest resources

Back