• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lynx goes east.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Greetings again from the inside at Lynx.....

The cities announced today have always been on the books for initial cities. The service range for Lynx service is basically a 650nm radius of Denver. As for the selection of upcoming cities- thats up to the marketing and financial folks.

Keep in mind that any mountain airports are considered 'special airports' by the FAA and thus requires amendments to ones certification (training, qualifications, etc etc). Expect those to be added after initial certification where you will see Lynx getting geared up for the mountain winter season.

Drop down masks have no impact on cities served. The Q400 series DOES NOT have a system engineered at this time. This is straight from Bombardier. The sustaining fleet models do. It is considered optional that nobody as exercised until now. They elected to increase the overhead storage and market it more that way.
Bombardier is indeed engineering a system that will be fitted into our aircraft. There are plans in place to address any emergencies and the like until that system is installed. No big deal.

Our first plane arrives in Denver July 20th. Second one a week after. Gearing up for proving runs, hands on training for FAs, ramp staff, etc. PR and other duties in there too. All in all its coming together nicely with all the little associated startup hickups along the way! ;)

Hiring of pilots and other staff is coming along with interviews continuing through summer +.

That's about it for now.

According to the Bombardier rep, the -400 oxygen system is still undergoing certification.

I don't think the reg regarding drop-down masks references the rockies.

Are drop downmasks required on long overwater ops? And any idea when the O2 system will be certified for it?

I would think getting this system certified and installed on the -400 is a huge big deal? If they are not needed why bother, just more weight. Is the -400 RVSM? Mesa's Dash seemed to do allright without O2.

I would think getting this system certified and installed on the -400 is a huge big deal? If they are not needed why bother, just more weight. Is the -400 RVSM? Mesa's Dash seemed to do allright without O2.

This is an issue - but not a showstopper. Adjustments will be made to accomodate the lack of O2 - but it will be added for safety and operational concerns.

No Big Deal

It's not a big deqal--just another engineering task.

FYI--the Q400 is not RVSM, because RVSM is for flight above FL 290. Q400 Max Cert Alt. = FL250.

Greetings again from the inside at Lynx.....

The cities announced today have always been on the books for initial cities. The service range for Lynx service is basically a 650nm radius of Denver. As for the selection of upcoming cities- thats up to the marketing and financial folks.

Keep in mind that any mountain airports are considered 'special airports' by the FAA and thus requires amendments to ones certification (training, qualifications, etc etc). Expect those to be added after initial certification where you will see Lynx getting geared up for the mountain winter season.

Drop down masks have no impact on cities served. The Q400 series DOES NOT have a system engineered at this time. This is straight from Bombardier. The sustaining fleet models do. It is considered optional that nobody as exercised until now. They elected to increase the overhead storage and market it more that way.
Bombardier is indeed engineering a system that will be fitted into our aircraft. There are plans in place to address any emergencies and the like until that system is installed. No big deal.

Our first plane arrives in Denver July 20th. Second one a week after. Gearing up for proving runs, hands on training for FAs, ramp staff, etc. PR and other duties in there too. All in all its coming together nicely with all the little associated startup hickups along the way! ;)

Hiring of pilots and other staff is coming along with interviews continuing through summer +.

That's about it for now.

I think I know that writing style............how have you been?

I think I know that writing style............how have you been?

Shrek, good to see you again, my friend.

Good morning,

It has been about a year since I have posted on here (formerly F9Recruiter). I have not been able to due to the demands of starting a new company, the certification process, etc. It is my hope to post more regularly and answer any questions that I can. I still have responsibilities for the business operation, but I will check here more frequently than the past months. I have been reading a number of posts regarding lack of information and follow through for those who have interviewed, and would like to apologize for not being available to post information.

CloudF9, thank you for getting the word out, I truly appreciate all you are doing. I will be working much more closely with the Recruiters regarding the follow through on interviews.

It has been mentioned that the job postings are on careerbuilder.com. For those who would like to bypass that, please send your resume to [email protected]

We just announced our first cities and are submitting our second revision of manuals to the FAA on Monday. As CloudF9 has mentioned, the delivery of our first aircraft is the 20th of July. We have an awesome team working many hours to do what needs to be done. The pilot group is growing and they are an honor to work with.

I look forward to talking more in the future.

Sincerely,

Gary

Gary,

Nice to see you on here! 1 question for you: why were all/most of the guys that interviewed told that they will get a call, regardless of the outcome, within 1 week yet many have not gotten a call for the last 6 months, neither positive or negative? Does the fact that they never got a call still mean that they are being considered?

Thanks for your time!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back