Lynx goes east.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

trip

What happened with the mountain flying??

Frontier Airlines Announces Service to Three Initial 'Q400' Markets
Tuesday July 3, 10:00 am ET With the First of 10 New Bombardier Q400 Aircraft Deliveries, Frontier Answers the Question, 'Are you Coming to Our Community?'
DENVER, July 3 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Frontier Airlines (Nasdaq: FRNT - News) today announced it will offer low-fares and non-stop service between its Denver International Airport (DEN) hub and three new cities which will be served by its new fleet of 74-seat Bombardier Q400 aircraft, operated by Frontier Airlines Holdings Inc. subsidiary, Lynx Aviation. Beginning this fall, Frontier will seek to make Denver the travel gateway to 60 destinations in the United States, Central America and Canada for the following communities:
(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20070703/LATU036) -- Wichita Mid-Continent Airport (ICT), Wichita, Kansas: Service to begin on Oct. 1, 2007 -- Rapid City Regional Airport (RAP), Rapid City, South Dakota: Service to begin on Oct. 5, 2007 -- Sioux Gateway Airport (SUX), Sioux City, Iowa: Service to begin on Oct. 5, 2007

I see they are right on there time frame they told us at the interview. They said Certified by August 15 and flying for sure by Sept. I guess there timefame of September includes October.

I also heard they started canceling interviews for "circumstances beyond there control." AKA we are unorganized and are not gonna be certified as we thought on our adjusted time fame. I am sorry to say to the pilots there but good luck! I hope that the mechanics can figure out the 400 better than anyone else in the world has, otherwise it may be a bumpy first couple of years.

Every single startup has the same kind of issues, I've never heard of one starting anywhere near the timeframe they originally predicted. It's part of the biz.

Skybus, Virgin America, and Compass all come to mind just off the top of my head.. I mean VA was supposed to be flying like a year ago.

I would argue Oct 1 when Sept was predicted to be pretty darn close.

Roads have bumps..

cale

They wanted to start with cities where it would be relatively easy to AOG parts.

Originally they were going to serve Mountain markets like Eagle and Aspen, etc. The reason they are going east is because they forgot to order a drop-down O2 mask system for the cabin- which is required for going over these parts of the rockies. Well done F9.

Wrong

Originally they were going to serve Mountain markets like Eagle and Aspen, etc. The reason they are going east is because they forgot to order a drop-down O2 mask system for the cabin- which is required for going over these parts of the rockies. Well done F9.

Those cities will be added in the Fall. Airplanes have been operating into and out of "markets like Eagle and Aspen, etc." for decades without drop-down 02 masks. They aren't available for the Dash 8 anyway.

According to the Bombardier rep, the -400 oxygen system is still undergoing certification.

I don't think the reg regarding drop-down masks references the rockies.

Mountain flying more likely to begin in the Fall.

This is talking about the fall?

Beginning this fall, Frontier will seek to make Denver the travel gateway to 60 destinations in the United States.

Service to begin on Oct. 1, 2007 -- Rapid City Regional Airport (RAP), Rapid City, South Dakota: Service to begin on Oct. 5, 2007 -- Sioux Gateway Airport (SUX), Sioux City, Iowa: Service to begin on Oct. 5, 2007

Latest resources

Back