Registered Parrot Head
- Apr 3, 2004
- Total Time
Does anyone else find these flight experience requirements a tad high given the current state of the regional airline industry?
Job Title: First Officer
Opening date: March 28, 2007
Department: Flight Operations
Location: Denver, CO
Salary Range: $21.00/ Flight Hour
The First Officer is to assist the Captain in the conduct of safe, efficient and timely flight operations in accordance with all Company and Federal Aviation Regulations.
• Under the direction of the Captain, the First Officer employs the principles of Crew Resource Management as detailed in the Flight Operations Manual, to ensure the safe, efficient and timely operation of all Lynx Aviation flights to which he/she is assigned; and in accordance with all Company and Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR).
• Responsible for the operation of the aircraft during the designated period of duty unless relieved by Company authority. This involves operating the aircraft according to applicable Company and Federal Aviation Regulations.
• Maintains a high degree of proficiency and a thorough knowledge of the procedures and aircraft systems.
• Determines that the aircraft is air-worthy in accordance with FARs and Company policies and procedures and completes the appropriate preflight inspections.
• Becomes familiar with existing and forecast weather prior to each flight.
• Ensures that the flight is planned and fueled properly so that the flight may be conducted safely and in accordance with current policies and regulations.
• Assists with and ensures proper handling of aircraft, passenger, baggage, and cargo at terminal points where other company personnel are not available.
• Notifies crew and passengers properly of turbulent weather condition or any other operational factors affecting the flight.
• Ensures that the load manifest for a flight is reviewed and the passenger count is verified.
• Interface with customers and other company personnel in a professional and courteous manner.
• Maintains attendance according to Company personnel procedures and practices.
• Time permitting, assists with light cleaning of the aircraft on the ground.
Qualifications: (Formal education or training required; amount and type of prior experience required)
• 1500 hours minimum. 2500 hours total preferred
• 500 hours multi-engine minimum. 1000 hours preferred.
• 500 hours pilot in command (PIC)
• 500 hours jet/turbo-prop
• Current FAA Class 1 Medical Certificate
• Vision corrected to 20/20
• Commercial / MEL Certificate minimum. ATP-MEL preferred
• FCC Restricted Radio Operator’s Permit
• Valid Passport, with machine readable print, and the ability to travel in and out of the United States
• Authorization to work in the United States
• Ability to travel in and out of the U.S. to all cities/countries served by Lynx Aviation
• Ability to relocate
• Ability and willingness to work weekends, nights, holidays and overnight trips
• Ability and desire to demonstrate Lynx Aviation’s values of Safety, Respect, Trust, Collaboration, Value and Passion
• Ability and desire to maintain a well groomed and professional appearance
• Ability to pass pre-employment drug testing and background checks
• Experience with sophisticated aircraft equipment including Electronic Flight Instrument Systems (EFIS) and Flight Management Systems (FMS) preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Possess excellent communication skills to include ability to speak, read and write English.
• Ability to problem-solve and react positively to difficult situations.
Equipment – List all machines and equipment used directly in the performance of this position
Standard office equipment, including PC, copier, fax machine, printer
• Aircraft Controls
• Company manuals
• Navigation charts
Work Environment – Describe the usual working environment (i.e. normal office, outdoors subject to weather variations, elevated noise levels etc.)
• Inside and outside environment.
• Exposure to weather and elevated noise levels.
• Various work schedule to include weekends, nights, holidays.
• Typical office environment, adequately heated and cooled
Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply to Lynx Aviation, please send an email expressing interest to [Click here for email] An application will be sent to the applicant. There is a $65 non-refundable application fee which can be paid by check or money order to Lynx Aviation located at 1765 W. 121st Ave Ste 100. Westminster, CO 80234. The application fee should be sent by the applicant to Lynx Aviation headquarters along with the applicant’s completed application for consideration.