Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lynx Aviation - - Newly certified Airline!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You're either a chick or super duper or clueless because flying around with baby animals on the tail doesn't quite instill the image of authority on the ground or in the sky. Most any baby animal I find cute, but I personally would be holding my head down if I had to walk around such a fluffiness factor on my aircraft. In other words, for shame cub scout. Somewhere a dead airline pilot is rolling in his grave.

I don't think pilots get any say in aircraft paint jobs; I'm pretty sure that's handled by marketing.

I was also under the impression that captain's authority is asserted by bearing, attitude, and demeanor--then backed up by 14 CFR 91.3 and 14 CFR 121.535(d). If your crew is looking to see what color the aircraft is painted to verify your authority, it's your leadership style that's lacking.

Sounds like Mesa provides all of the options you'll ever need--If USAirways adopts a 'fluffy' paint job you can bid over to the United system.

You're either a chick or super duper or clueless because flying around with baby animals on the tail doesn't quite instill the image of authority on the ground or in the sky. Most any baby animal I find cute, but I personally would be holding my head down if I had to walk around such a fluffiness factor on my aircraft. In other words, for shame cub scout. Somewhere a dead airline pilot is rolling in his grave.

Double shame for that PC crap "happy holidays to all." Merry Christmas, and ask Santa for some testosterone.

Would you hold personally be holding your head up and grabbing your crotch on pre-flight if there was a lightning bolt through a dagger on the tail?

At least, the Lynx painters have some skill. The same can't be said for the ones on my avatar ;)

I don't think pilots get any say in aircraft paint jobs; I'm pretty sure that's handled by marketing.

I was also under the impression that captain's authority is asserted by bearing, attitude, and demeanor--then backed up by 14 CFR 91.3 and 14 CFR 121.535(d). If your crew is looking to see what color the aircraft is painted to verify your authority, it's your leadership style that's lacking.

Sounds like Mesa provides all of the options you'll ever need--If USAirways adopts a 'fluffy' paint job you can bid over to the United system.

Do you have those FAR numbers memorized including subsection letters or did you embark on a research project before you posted? Oh, and I don't work Mesa, but as you allude to, they do have better paint jobs. My airlines' branded operations paint job looks like a tube of Aquafresh toothpaste. But come on, baby animals? Not even a Barbie plane, it's more like Barney's. It's all about style...oh, and I guess safety too.

Last edited:
My airlines' branded operations paint job looks like a tube of Aquafresh toothpaste. But come on, baby animals? Not even a Barbie plane, it's more like Barney's. It's all about style...oh, and I guess safety too.

You fly a jet too, which makes you like, a thousand times cooler.

I was cool once... maybe someday I will be able to reach coolness again. Meanwhile, I'll insist that I be called "spider" by my fellow crew members, so I can at least sound cool. 'Cause its important, you know, being cool and stylish.

I'll even refuse to take my oakley's off, even when flying at night, or sleeping in my hotel room.

Last edited:
Would you hold personally be holding your head up and grabbing your crotch on pre-flight if there was a lightning bolt through a dagger on the tail?

I think the funny part was the pride in the baby animals comment. Like "these baby animals are gonna kick your a** in RAP, ABQ, TUL, and ICT". Or like "these baby animals are gonna instantly make folks want to buy tickets on our airplanes with the baby animals painted on them". Super duper??!!!! LOL. I'm still laughing. Good joke.

OMG,
A LLC airline, which by definition is a "B" scale operator, starts it's own regional feed, is that a "C","D" or "E" scale job.
WTF, and you are proud?
PBR

I was unaware we had moved to Hollywood and started a letter grading system...

So by your logic SW is a B scale.. I can tell the pilots there are really upset...

and that must make FedEx what??? C or D scale.. cuz I mean they only fly boxes...

I mean why would anyone consider things like QOL, stability, enjoyment, bases, benefits, etc.. when we could all just pick our airline based on what letter they are...

Latest resources

Back