Lying in an Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
air cowboy said:
Getting falsely arrested for something you did not do is not a mistake. Think before you speak son.

That one's easy. You just show the interviewer the settlement check and go, "I'm rich biatch!"

Gorilla said:
Has anyone answered the question about arrested vs convicted? Let's say you were walking home from the Kwik-E-Mart, munching a burrito, and are arrested at gunpoint because you are 5'2", red hair, and that matches the description of a guy that robbed the bank four blocks away.

You are released 2 hours later when the real bank robber is caught.

What do you say in the interview? Tell them the whole story? Probably good for a sympathetic chuckle.

But it gets worse in the next example. You are accused of tax evasion, and endure a LONG and expensive trial. Ultimately the jury returns NOT GUILTY. This one is not so easy to talk about. Even if you say "Yeah I was arrested but not convicted", the interviewer is probably thinking "Hmm, how'd this guy get off? Loophole? He MAY be guilty."

that ******************** doesnt show up on your record, and they cannot arrest you, they can detain you, even though they may use the language they use for making arrest. Cuz u know the cops can do that.

Metro752 said:
that ******************** doesnt show up on your record, and they cannot arrest you, they can detain you, even though they may use the language they use for making arrest. Cuz u know the cops can do that.

Yeah, right. Did you happen to read my previous post? the one where I mentioned the co-worker who was detained for questioning, not arrested, never charged, and it showed up on his background check? That ******************** *can* show up on your record.

Latest resources

Back