• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LXJET 70+ seat rates out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As for the Smartpref, I still don't completely understand why you guys are onboard with that. It's like full list unstacking on our side. Your exchange and trip swap after a schedule is far better than what we have. Lets keep that. But seriously, start the bid with our PBS. I also want the whole bid timeline moved up. We are still working with the timelines setup for paper bidding. Why can ALPA run 2 prelim bids in 24 hours but its takes the company a week to run 1. When the flight attendants were playing with Flightline PBS when we first got it, they had "Live Bidding". So that feature is already programmed and just needs to be switched on. I would like to know what the cost difference is for the company between the 2 systems. Why are we operating with any system not owned by us? Sked Plus does not have monthly fees. Back on the old contract remember how all of us were paying $8 month to Flightline for access to do bid at home and do swaps. 1500 pilots plus 1000 F/A's makes for $20,000 per month to Flightline. What on Earth could their expenses be for that service? I bet they are charging ASA similar fees for Prefbid. I can't help but think that we can bring this in house for much less.
Yup I agree

None of you guys can see the forest through the trees. Some of you think that a rate of $2 an hour means downward pressure on us. Nope. With this rate, LXJT still receive more compensation than higher paid LASA. Its called the B-fund. If you want to give me that deal I'll sign in a New York minute. Give up $2 per hour in exchange for 6% into an account I take with me if I leave.

As for the Smartpref, I still don't completely understand why you guys are onboard with that. It's like full list unstacking on our side. Your exchange and trip swap after a schedule is far better than what we have. Lets keep that. But seriously, start the bid with our PBS. I also want the whole bid timeline moved up. We are still working with the timelines setup for paper bidding. Why can ALPA run 2 prelim bids in 24 hours but its takes the company a week to run 1. When the flight attendants were playing with Flightline PBS when we first got it, they had "Live Bidding". So that feature is already programmed and just needs to be switched on. I would like to know what the cost difference is for the company between the 2 systems. Why are we operating with any system not owned by us? Sked Plus does not have monthly fees. Back on the old contract remember how all of us were paying $8 month to Flightline for access to do bid at home and do swaps. 1500 pilots plus 1000 F/A's makes for $20,000 per month to Flightline. What on Earth could their expenses be for that service? I bet they are charging ASA similar fees for Prefbid. I can't help but think that we can bring this in house for much less.

+1
Well done Pup

I agree with Smartpref not being a smart choice. I'm very happy with what we have at ASA. That's not entirely the issue though. We have 2 MEC's who are more at odds with each other than the company. It's really sad to see us fighting amongst ourselves vs. working collectively to find real solutions. The whipsaw has begun and we need a JCBA. I'm not advocating taking whatever they ram down our throats. We just need other options than "I hate your PBS and it's my system or nothing". This is not working.

As a line pilot I would like to see a side by side comparison of both systems using real pairings. I have seen how SmartPref works for the conversion lines, and although I am a "no PBS" guy, it looked pretty slick and I could see it working with the right rules in place. As far as Flightline, I can only go on what XJT scheduling committee has put out. I would love for the ASA scheduling committee to demo Flightline for us.

As a line pilot I would like to see a side by side comparison of both systems using real pairings. I have seen how SmartPref works for the conversion lines, and although I am a "no PBS" guy, it looked pretty slick and I could see it working with the right rules in place. As far as Flightline, I can only go on what XJT scheduling committee has put out. I would love for the ASA scheduling committee to demo Flightline for us.

What is it with you guys and this hang up on 'real time'. This is complete fools gold. Everyone knows that this doesn't work unless you have 100% participation, which you never do until the bids are just about closed.

Please please please. Keep us separate from Xjt. We want nothing to do with smartpref. Why don't you think no other airline has selected this pos. go ahead...take your smartpref. Just leave us out of it. We are happy with flightline.

SmartPref is the system the TWA pilots bid with call Slick, minus the interface. Old algorithm that has been in storage until they attached the pretty interface.

Enuff, I could be wrong, but I don't think he was referring to real time bidding. That's how I read it the first time till I went back and re-read it.

But, Please XJET guys don't get hung up on the real time bidding. It looks nice and flashy but it will not work.

As I've said MANY times, I'm not a huge supporter of flight line PBS. I'd rather have your line bidding. That's not gonna happen. PBS IS GONNA HAPPEN.

But please consider the expertise of people who have actually used it for years using a tried and true product. This smartpref system has been rejected time after time. It is basically a couple of guys in a room with a couple of servers tweaking 20 year old software with a modern GUI. They are needing a large cash infusion to modernize and upgrade their product for us/you. They are waiting for this infusion of cash before they hire a staff to run the operation.

Is that what you really want? 10-12 brand new software engineers on an untried antiquated system. Our MEC went to their headquarters and asked very specific questions and were met with blank stares. Nobody could answer how the award logic actually worked.

I didn't like the line in the sand memo our MEC put out. I thought it was a HUGE mistake. But your MEC is making one pushing this POS software. We simply cannot figure out why they want it so bad. It seems suspicious. Are they getting a back door raise to push it???Its Like they are actually picking such a horrible system so that it would stall our negotiations. Just ask questions.....LOTS of questions. The simple fact that our company wants it should scare you A LOT!!!

Like the surejet name change.....it was SOOOOO BAD we thought it was surely a conspiracy cause NOBODY could really think THAT was a good idea.

Flame away

Well said!
Totally incomprehensible that XJet side is proposing SmartPerf. A globalized system is the last thing we want. You're correct when you state there's something fishy going on, and questions do need to be asked.
If the company wants this so bad, that's a big red flag right there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

SmartPref is the system the TWA pilots bid with call Slick, minus the interface. Old algorithm that has been in storage until they attached the pretty interface.

I thought they used Ad-opt software?

http://business.highbeam.com/26/article-1G1-21153965/ad-opting-pref-bidding

Doesn't matter, talk to a TWA guy about the PBS they used, hard to find one that DIDN'T like it, the reason?

IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE WORK RULES!!!!!!!!!

The pilots had 100% control over the sort/award.

Last edited:
I would support a quiji board bidding system if the pilots had 100% control over the awards.

That i guarantee you the company would NEVER........EVER .......do

Ever.

Latest resources

Back