• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LXJET 70+ seat rates out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, LXJT, there is a saying that you get what you negotiate. You think you got hosed on payrates, just wait until you get your first SmartPref award and it jams everyone of you down to Min days off. That's what globalized systems do--put 10 pounds of crap into a 5 pound bag. Just ask any Continental pilot.

Did they finally cave and gave you the new news?

Last edited:
Well, LXJT, there is a saying that you get what you negotiate. You think you got hosed on payrates, just wait until you get your first SmartPref award and it jams everyone of you down to Min days off. That's what globalized systems do--put 10 pounds of crap into a 5 pound bag. Just ask any Continental pilot.

naaah. Doesn't matter that nobody in the history of aviation uses that smartpref turd. Doesn't matter that 90%+ of ASA pilots are happy with our flightline PBS. it is in the supposed best interest of the XJT pilots to maintain their quality of life to get smartpref. still scratching my head on how a group of such superior intellect pilots came to such a retawded conclusion. but hey... they did their research.... that one cracks me up too. they did their research on a system that every other airline that looked at said "no thanks"

please keep us seperate and enjoy that sh!tberg sandwich smartpref and your min days off. count me as happy that we are not negotiating anymore

Last edited:
I think the company is aware that taking LXJT on board was a mistake. Many ASA pilots, like myself would rather we forget about the LXJT guys and keep us separate.
I also cannot figure out why they are going for smart perf. Not a very intelligent move at all.
Everyone at ASA is very happy with our PBS. I was able to get 3 weeks off for 1 week vacation last month. So LXJT forget about using that one as an excuse.

I think LXJT will probably be allowed to shrink away and eventually disappear. Will take a while, but they were going that way anyway a few years back.

No more JCBA. Keep ASA separate!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I think the company is aware that taking LXJT on board was a mistake. Many ASA pilots, like myself would rather we forget about the LXJT guys and keep us separate.
I also cannot figure out why they are going for smart perf. Not a very intelligent move at all.
Everyone at ASA is very happy with our PBS. I was able to get 3 weeks off for 1 week vacation last month. So LXJT forget about using that one as an excuse.

I think LXJT will probably be allowed to shrink away and eventually disappear. Will take a while, but they were going that way anyway a few years back.

No more JCBA. Keep ASA separate!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Are you kidding me? That's so extremely short sighted. What we have here is a perfect storm of negotiating leverage on the side of management. The arbitrated rates they just got on the LXJT side is just the tip of the iceberg of what they want to do to ASA.

If anything I'm concerned about our relationship with Delta going forward. They are going to cornhole ASA next and it won't be pretty. Diversification of our portfolio is great, but future planes with be EMB-175's or 900's. Guess who's cheaper now? Follow the bread crumbs over to LXJT, because they just positioned themselves to survive the storm, while giving the finger to our inept negotiating committe's "line in the sand".

We need to all get on board together and get this contract done. No one will win with these pilot groups being separate.

Ding ding ding

Are you kidding me? That's so extremely short sighted. What we have here is a perfect storm of negotiating leverage on the side of management. The arbitrated rates they just got on the LXJT side is just the tip of the iceberg of what they want to do to ASA.

If anything I'm concerned about our relationship with Delta going forward. They are going to cornhole ASA next and it won't be pretty. Diversification of our portfolio is great, but future planes with be EMB-175's or 900's. Guess who's cheaper now? Follow the bread crumbs over to LXJT, because they just positioned themselves to survive the storm, while giving the finger to our inept negotiating committe's "line in the sand".

We need to all get on board together and get this contract done. No one will win with these pilot groups being separate.

Winner winner, chicken dinner.
If you think uncle Jerry isn't watching this to see who's playing ball than you Asa people are dummer than the catfish you're noodling.
With the delta rate reset monster staring down the barrel at all of the dci carriers, you would think the folks at Asa would be forward thinking not burying their head in The sand. Then again, their mec gets paid no matter what the outcome.
sky west's me too clause is going to corn hole them now hahahaha
+$2 to fly the 7 at mainline hahahahahaha enjoy !

Last edited:
Yeah but you have the, me too clause in your contr.... Um well you don't have a contract, your work rules are dictated to you via the Latter Day Saint squad.

Again, the airplanes will go tho wherever. I'd rather lose this job than go to a globalized PBS system. Sorry, I feel that strongly about it. I can't begin to explain the mumber of friends at Continwntal who cannot stand their system. There is no quality of life under it.

None of you guys can see the forest through the trees. Some of you think that a rate of $2 an hour means downward pressure on us. Nope. With this rate, LXJT still receive more compensation than higher paid LASA. Its called the B-fund. If you want to give me that deal I'll sign in a New York minute. Give up $2 per hour in exchange for 6% into an account I take with me if I leave.

As for the Smartpref, I still don't completely understand why you guys are onboard with that. It's like full list unstacking on our side. Your exchange and trip swap after a schedule is far better than what we have. Lets keep that. But seriously, start the bid with our PBS. I also want the whole bid timeline moved up. We are still working with the timelines setup for paper bidding. Why can ALPA run 2 prelim bids in 24 hours but its takes the company a week to run 1. When the flight attendants were playing with Flightline PBS when we first got it, they had "Live Bidding". So that feature is already programmed and just needs to be switched on. I would like to know what the cost difference is for the company between the 2 systems. Why are we operating with any system not owned by us? Sked Plus does not have monthly fees. Back on the old contract remember how all of us were paying $8 month to Flightline for access to do bid at home and do swaps. 1500 pilots plus 1000 F/A's makes for $20,000 per month to Flightline. What on Earth could their expenses be for that service? I bet they are charging ASA similar fees for Prefbid. I can't help but think that we can bring this in house for much less.

Latest resources

Back