• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LUV Posts Loss, Says Growth 'Suspended Indefinitely'

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are you even talking about? Who told you junior SWA pilots supported age 65? Did you just make that up because you're bored or something?

Your junior pilots lick Paul E's boots clean everyday. They bring Geritol for their Captain's water bottles and ask them between turns if they need another rub down knowing it doesn't feel so bad after the high hard one they got from SWAPA just a year ago. Your junior pilots like taking it in the rear from the senior corndogs. Give it up because you already have once.

And now SWAPA is doing it again to you guys and your more than willing to take it. Enjoy watching your growth go to WestJet and Volaris. Scope is not mouthwash.

I don't think he made it up. Look at the results when we had the union vote. Not many F/O's even bother to vote. I know many probationary F/O's were "sold" a bill of goods by quite a few senior Captains, "Welcome to Southwestern Trail ways son, don't worry you just sit over there and I'll tell you what to think":angryfire

Hell, I even had heated discussions with my classmates over age 65.

Well, my class didn't have anyone support the change, save for one guy, who's dad was going to have to retire. And no other fo's I know supported it. Maybe our class was the exception.

"If current prices become future prices, then (we're) going to lose a lot of money," Kelly said.

What are the odds of that happening?

How many think from 2009 to 2013 oil will be at or near $40/bbl?

Does anyone really know what this industry or the world will be like during this time period? No. If you did, you wouldn't be flying airplanes for a living.

"If current prices become future prices, then (we're) going to lose a lot of money," Kelly said.

Does anyone really know what this industry or the world will be like during this time period? No. If you did, you wouldn't be flying airplanes for a living.

What are you suggesting? I just cancelled my subscriptions to WSJ and Barrons and rely on FI.com exclusively for my investment advice. They seems like they really knows what they talking about.

Redflyer65,

I’m fully aware of the fourth quarter $61 million net income. However, the big news of the day is Gary Kelly’s statement that LUV’s growth is “suspended indefinitely.” Their 2009 capacity will be down 4% from 2008.

I’m wondering now if their junior pilots are rethinking their support (or lack thereof) of Age 65?

Welcome to stagnation. It’s something the rest of the legacy carriers know all too well. About all I can say is that we tried to warn them.

AA767AV8TOR
Don't assume we all supported age 65.

Your 2009 to 2013 prediction clearly implies oil will be above $40. So explain me this Nostradomus, if you don't know the future, why are you so certain oil is going to be above $40?

Oil historically has been below $25 and has only had two brief bubbles, one in 1974 and the most recent. If history is a guide, it will be another 30 years before we get another oil bubble.

Let's see what happens when the dollar collapses.
There is no foundation under it now.

The dollar will not collapse. We owe a few other Countries (China) way too much money for them to let it happen. There has been no foundation under it for years, only goodwill.

Take a deep breath. I quoted the man in charge. I found it interesting he would make such a statement. Its not good news if things go that way but I did find it refreshing he didnt try to spin the facts.

Latest resources

Back