LUV Pilot Layovers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hotel Committee Background

The following comes from one of our hotel committee members that was on my jump seat for a long leg.

SWA is one of the only airlines that DOES NOT have the company choose the hotels. The hotel selection committee consists of FAs & pilots who negotiate the contracts directly with the hotels. SWAmanagement is involved only at the level of paying the bill. The result of this is that the crews hold ourselves to blame/praise on any hotel problems/posiitves. Issues are brought directly to the hotel committee which involve service/hotel issues....the company rarely gets involved in these. This keeps the company from having to dedicate folks in handling sticky issues or cutting pennies to say money with the crews getting the short end of the stick & complaining about the "company doesn't care" attitude. "We", the pilots & FAs are the ones who choose the hotels.

Additionally I was told this keeps "grievances" from being filed by crews against the company. At AA I was told they have at any one time over 500 grievances by crewmembers against the company for hotel related issues....urban legend? It takes a lot of resources, pulled trips & expensive research to resolve grievances. I don't know but even if that number is 1/4 of that the same source said SWA has only a handful (less than 5) at anyone time.

Our folks on the committee work very hard to get the most money for the best hotel & I believe the quality of hotels has steadily improved (they were good when I got here 4+ yrs ago) & continue to do so. We're very fortunate I believe & we're saving alot of money at the same time. What it is most gratifying though is the reputation that the company enjoys among most hotel staff. Of course they could all be lying to me & just be playing to the crowd but the general rule is the hotel staffs believe generally the SWA folks treat them the best...I hope we continue that LUV for a long time...when that changes it will be telling time indeed.

What's with the limo in RNO? I heard you guys were having a hard time getting to and from the airport in time so now you have stretch waiting while we all pile in the back of hotel van?!

What Is 1-2-3?

That's easy, It's 6.

The best way to find out is to ask on the interview, if your lucky you'll find out the night before at the Hotel.:rolleyes:

1-2-3 = $1.00 for draft beers - $2.00 for glass of wine - $3.00 for mixed drinks. Also, they all have 30% - 50% discount for meals.

"The worst we stay in is a LaQuinta in MSY near the airport"

Hey Slug, what's wrong with La Quinta???? I work at a La Quinta at PDX and it's a very nice property!

Worst

I said it was the worst we stay at. I didn't say it was bad now did I? They treat us well there. The bar/restaurant addition was nice. Its all symantics.

Slug

no offense intended!

PDX - MSY, trust me not the samething

I will agree that MSY is ok, and you have the Harbor House down the road. Plus them waffles in the AM, mmm good.

Latest resources

Back