• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LUV Halts All Growth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So I need to check in to the Dallas News for my up to date company intel?

Gary has stated this for months. Growth of the fleet will be flat through 2010 with a chance of minus 2 hulls.

We are adding 3 cities this year alone and I've heard a rumor that Gary will announce Atlanta tomorrow night. (March 2) We'll see. There are about 450 pilots on our seniority list that weren't going to have a job in 2008 that have heard this no growth doom before. Let's check back at the end of the year and see.

Personally, I think we're ready to have a BIG growth spurt. Hope I'm right.

Gup

Hmmmmm?????

I know LUV still has plenty of coin, but do they really want to go up (directly) against DAL and AAI in ATL? Now in this economic downturn, without some kind of a helping hand? Don't get me wrong, this would put a hurting on both, DAL and AAI. But I suspect that it would also waste alot of LUV's cash. I doub this to be the time to be in a wasteful spirit.

With that being said however, if anyone could pull this off, LUV probably could. This all assuming that this rumor is true of course.....

Isn't tomorrow the Dallas Love message to the field? Interesting internet rumor...

Gup if this is true, I will buy your beer if we ever end up on an overnight....but wait you don't know who I am...nobody pm him yet...lets wait and see

So I need to check in to the Dallas News for my up to date company intel?

Gary has stated this for months. Growth of the fleet will be flat through 2010 with a chance of minus 2 hulls.

We are adding 3 cities this year alone and I've heard a rumor that Gary will announce Atlanta tomorrow night. (March 2) We'll see. There are about 450 pilots on our seniority list that weren't going to have a job in 2008 that have heard this no growth doom before. Let's check back at the end of the year and see.

Personally, I think we're ready to have a BIG growth spurt. Hope I'm right.

Gup

I hope you're right too Gup, but I fear you may have been sharing the pipe with Michael Phelps ;)

The only sure fire way for us to start service to ATL is for me to move away. We'd announce it the next day for sure!

Service to ATL? Did you get General Lee to authorize this?

I do think they could start LBB and MAF nonstop from ATL and there would be NO competition at all. Go for it! I might even ask for a jumpseat, just so I could try out the fantastic layovers all of you corndogs have at those garden spots. Sadly, as I disembark at LBB, you guys will have to continue on probably, onto ABQ, then PHX, followed by SFO, and then onto MDW later that same day.... THAT SOUNDS FANTASTIC. BRAVO!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back