• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skyrunner

Dark side of Pikes Peak
Howdy,

Southwest Airlines Reports January Traffic

DALLAS, Feb. 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Southwest Airlines Co. (NYSE: LUV) announced today that the Company flew 3.5 billion revenue passenger miles (RPMs) in January 2003, a 7.8 percent increase from the 3.2 billion RPMs flown in January 2002. Available seat miles (ASMs) increased 6.1 percent to 6.0 billion from the January 2002 level of 5.6 billion. The load factor for the month was 58.0 percent, compared to 57.1 percent for the same period last year.

Keep on truckin',

SR

Because it's relevent....

You have to think outside the box for a second. Since SWA is not currently interviewing (but will resume soon hopefully), many that frequent this forum (and have been for quite some time now) look for relative information whether directly (or indirectly) related to their chances of getting called for an interview, or to at least educate themselves somewhat better on the company that they want to work for.

I, as well as many SWA poolies and interviewee hopefulls, find information about SWA that folks post here on this board very informative. It's sort of a quick reference link to pertinent company information and news that affects all of us in some way or another. I for one appreciate all the efforts by all who do post SWA news. Many will second that.

Feel free to post info and do the same for the company you work for. I'm sure those interested will appreciate it, especially those looking for work.

Just my two cents. Plus I was trying to respond in an informative way before someone else chimed in and wasn't so respectfull. It has happened numerous times on this board in repsonse to various posts, and it just isn't very productive to any of us.

It's just good to keep everybody "simmered down now." (a funny skit from SNL).

Like Judge Smails Says

It's easy to grin,
when your ship comes in,
and you've got the stock market beat.
But the man who's worth while,
is the man who can smile,
when his shorts are too tight in the seat.

I don't know what that has to do with av interviews either, but it's funny as he11.

Growth = Jobs = Interviews = LUV

Take care and fly safe,

SR

"But the man who's worth while,
is the man who can smile,
when his shorts are too tight in the seat."

So then a wedgie =
:D :D :D :D

I LUV the humor.

Stop being so positive! Maybe we need a Major Airline - General Message Board?

Quote (question) of the day " You think Southwest will merge with anyone?" My reply: I don't think so.

Response: "You guys think you'll make it on your own?" My reply: Yeahhhh.

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one---big hitter, the Lama---long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

CoopDog, Skyrunner, Bluto -

Keep it cominng. All the right minded people appreciate it.

mailman - why don't you go out to the 14th green, I got some golfers to kill.

THE JUDGE

ok get your money up we are betting on the kid go on go yo yea $50.00 sayhe eats it yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu he ate his own bogger

hay judge $100.00 bucks says you slice, i never slice..............

"You'll get nothing and like it, Spalding!"

Mailman, what's up? Someone give you a wedgie? What does this have to do with an interview? Well, SWA is about the only major airline that is even dreaming about interviewing anyone anytime soon. As Coop said, posting financial information about a company that might be interviewing is relevevant and proper. I don't think butt kicking belongs anywhere in this discussion. Now I'm not a furloughed pilot, but I share my marriage with one. And I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Don't forget that there are a lot of furloughed pilots who are interersted in SWA, some even in the pool, if you can believe it.

Idiodic response, Mailman? I'm sitting on the edge of my seat to see if you have another one of those up your sleeve. Or am I just in line for a butt kicking too?;)

Cheers!
HP

"Don't sell yourself short, judge, you're an incredible slouch."

Latest resources

Back