• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LUV Adds $10 Charge To Board Sooner

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am sorry you feel that way. Many others I am sure would have taken job security over their whole careers, looked at projected earnings and 401K contributions, perhaps even looked at the flexibility of working for a bigger airline would have provided.

Many pilots make decisions to work for a company that provides what SWA and others do. Good luck not being at the bottom of a company like SWA and reaching your career expectations at the new F9.
There is NO job security over the whole career at any airline. Some are fortunate to have a career that has job security, but it is not something that can be guaranteed. My prospect was immediate furlough...probably for at least three years. At least this way..if there have to be furloughs (and i really hope there are not) at SWA, it will truly be a SWA pilot...and not a F9 pilot that gets thrown to the curb.

It's only a matter of time before Southwest adds baggage fees.... seriously

Ya stole the wind from my sails bro. I agree that'll come in due time.

Sorry, I meant "Hypocrisy"

But, it sure fits, doesn't it?

If AA bought SW and tried to staple them we'd be hearing all about "Date-of-hire" or
"Relative Seniority"

Hyprocrisy is "a feigning to be what one is not or to believe what one
does not; esp: the false assumption of an appearance of virtue "

NO FEE ZONE, but we are the only airline to charge you a fee for cutting in line.

Hmmmmm.............Let's see.
Labor troubles
Scope issues
Losing quarters
Hidden fees
Yup, just another legacy airline!

It's just a sorry mess to fly anymore... pretty soon they will be charging extra to go through security first..arrive at the gate first, anything first... it's way better to just drive anymore... even if it takes a few days...

Latest resources

Back