• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lunch with J.O.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lunch with Orenstien? Did he serve peanut butter sandwiches and KOOL-AID? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

now if there are any MAG pilots on this board that want to help me out with the whole PBS issue the was shot down by "alpa"(says J.O.)??? It got into a heated arguement betwen the Pilot group and JO at the lunch. Which resulted in a lot of cursing and the MAG pilot group being called "Fing idiots"

Actually, it was shot down by the pilot group.

There were those in the pilot group who saw PBS as something so valuable to the company that the company would grant significant concessions on other things in order to get PBS up and running (not me). However, this is not why the majority of the pilot group shot it down.

After several months of parallel "test bids", PBS was revealed to be the complete P.O.S. that it is. At least with Mesa pairings, which tend to be poor (14 hr 4-leg all night sleep on the airplane from 0230-0530 for example). "Garbage in, garbage out" kinda thing.

Nevertheless, the pilot group was willing to give it a 6 month try . . .but only if the company would, IN WRITING, describe the parameters under which PBS would be implemented. The company refused to do so.

Mesa is very much a "give the company an inch, and they'll take a mile plus your dignity" company, so the pilots directed their MEC to dump PBS until the company was willing to actually commit to some parameters.

-----> BTW . . . Who did the cursing? JO or the pilots? I suspect JO, but either way, that is grounds for a workplace harassment suit as described in our employee manual.

I wish someone would take a copy of that into the next meeting and read it to him the next time he spouts off like that. Very unprofessional. I'd get canned for saying that to a flight attendant or gate agent; the pilot group shouldn't have to put up with it either.

Last edited:
How is he gonna get pilots? TDY to China?

But Hell, Come to think of it on Mesa's pay.............. You could live like a Buddha in China!!!
Now I am kinda jealous!!

http://wwwct.shenzhenair.com/common/viewInfo.jsp?topid=601

(for details on the 3 year contract they're offering to fly in China)

The "merits" of this deal have been widely discussed on the mesahub site; suffice it to say that there are differing opinions on the subject. Personally, I don't think it's worth it.

There are at least a dozen Mesa pilots who are going to be given a "leave of absence" from Mesa to go fly this stuff. So they fly in China for 3 years, and when they come back, their job and seniority at Mesa will be waiting for them.

If you were a CRJ captain at Mesa who truly believed that you couldn't possibly get hired anywhere else in the next 3 years, I'd say go. Everyone else . . . this deal is just plain stupid.

Actually, it was shot down by the pilot group.

There were those in the pilot group who saw PBS as something so valuable to the company that the company would grant significant concessions on other things in order to get PBS up and running (not me). However, this is not why the majority of the pilot group shot it down.

After several months of parallel "test bids", PBS was revealed to be the complete P.O.S. that it is. At least with Mesa pairings, which tend to be poor (14 hr 4-leg all night sleep on the airplane from 0230-0530 for example). "Garbage in, garbage out" kinda thing.

Nevertheless, the pilot group was willing to give it a 6 month try . . .but only if the company would, IN WRITING, describe the parameters under which PBS would be implemented. The company refused to do so.

Mesa is very much a "give the company an inch, and they'll take a mile plus your dignity" company, so the pilots directed their MEC to dump PBS until the company was willing to actually commit to some parameters.

-----> BTW . . . Who did the cursing? JO or the pilots? I suspect JO, but either way, that is grounds for a workplace harassment suit as described in our employee manual.

I wish someone would take a copy of that into the next meeting and read it to him the next time he spouts off like that. Very unprofessional. I'd get canned for saying that to a flight attendant or gate agent; the pilot group shouldn't have to put up with it either.

Jo said that they couldnt even get a chance to test the PBS. And yes it was JO cursing infront of a room full of people. You knew he snapped when he started drop the S**t word.

Jo said that they couldnt even get a chance to test the PBS. And yes it was JO cursing infront of a room full of people. You knew he snapped when he started drop the S**t word.

That idiot will ALWAYS be low rent.

Money has nothing to do with it.

IMO, he has a lot of similarities to terrorists. Both have a "god" complex and believe themselves and their needs to be above others. Both are incapable of seeing others as human and of equal value.

Hasn't this clown got either a criminal or ethically questionable past, whereby he's stiffed others to benefit himself.

How ANYBODY, under ANY circumstances could produce for him, is beyond me. I would consider it the same as working for Satan, if such an entity existed.

IMO, perhaps, he's the closest thing ?

i believe jo wants comair for the 200's, the extra pilots and the certificate. he will use this during the contract negotiations as his leverage. sign this contract or else. i can see him moving everything over to the comair cert and getting rid of anyone who doesnt want to sign his new contract. i am sure A LOT of pilots at mesa expect real QOL change in the contract or they will quit the industry. no matter what happens there will be enough pilots from mesa and comair to keep the ship from sinking complete, or at the very least keeping delta happy.
i think everyone knows what the 200's are for.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back