Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LowlyPropCapt

PBR For Life, and Beyond!
Has any one tried to replace the wheels on one of these bags? Does it take conventional roller blade wheels? Any tips or pitfalls I need to know about before I start unbolting things?

One of my wheels is spitting out little chunks of wheel bearing. I kinda doubt it is going to make it through another 4 day.

I would recommend getting bearings in the higher end of the ABEC scale...ABEC 5 or 7.

And, absolutely no light-up wheels. :)

When they start squeaking from all the snow/water you can take them off and pop the cover of the bearing. Lube up liberally with grease (most pilots are checked out on this procedure) and they will be good for several more seasons.

From what I know about Costco bags...... you can take it to the store with worn out wheels and they will give you a new bag. Had a friend that did this for a few years.

For the LW wheels, go by the stopover store if you're in msp or dtw. They replaced one of mine last yr for less than 5 bucs. Inline wheels aren't cheap, esp when u have to buy a set of 4 plus bearings!

76MM rollerblade wheels, get the lightup ones, a backpack, iPod and post a flick in use. Sit back and watch the 5-6 strokes, 3-4 heart attacks you will cause on F/I. 6 pages minimum!
PBR

Latest resources

Back