Luggage Suggestions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://www.luggageworksonline.com/product.asp?CatID=4

Model 321A (the bottom model) is the best computer bag out there. The bag is reinforced with hard thick plastic which protects your computer, tons of pockets, expandable so when you STUFF it full of papers, books, and binders, it all fits AND you can zip it up.

Go pro and buy the stealth roller-bag. This computer bag will clip on nicely or attach via. a standard roller-bag hook. Either way they work perfectly together and WA-LA...you have a portable office.

I rarely have to leave anything behind on a trip using this combination - and I'm running a business out of the bag while I'm on the road - works perfect.

AZT

Cool. Will that thing hold A 15.4" lappy?

Check for discounts

I went to a Samsonite company store in an outlet mall and found that they give an additional 25% off their "discount price" if you show an airline ID. They don't discriminate against frac pilots.

The Samsonite bag I got seems to be wearing well, so far. However, it comes with a 10 year warranty against manufacturing defects in case it doesn't.

The Samsonite bag I got seems to be wearing well, so far. However, it comes with a 10 year warranty against manufacturing defects in case it doesn't.

That 10 year warrenty is based on "Jane" traveling once maybe twice a year?

http://www.luggageworksonline.com/product.asp?CatID=4

Model 321A (the bottom model) is the best computer bag out there. The bag is reinforced with hard thick plastic which protects your computer, tons of pockets, expandable so when you STUFF it full of papers, books, and binders, it all fits AND you can zip it up.

Go pro and buy the stealth roller-bag. This computer bag will clip on nicely or attach via. a standard roller-bag hook. Either way they work perfectly together and WA-LA...you have a portable office.

I rarely have to leave anything behind on a trip using this combination - and I'm running a business out of the bag while I'm on the road - works perfect.

AZT

AZT, I've got to carry a laptop and a couple of binders about the size of normal Jepp binder, each. You say there's enough room for that stuff, plus the usual magazines, ect. Ray

If the company airlines you to a plane on day 1 they expect you to be ready to go when you get there. Don't try and use the excuse of "I cannot do the trip - the airline lost my bag."

I hear ya man, but I totally disagree. If the company wants me to be ready on day #1 then they need to get me where I need to go on day one. I'll travel in uniform, but that doesnt always work with TSA. There are several places where they know the difference, HPN being one of them.

Its simply a fact of life, we airline, and we fall pray to the crap that happens to people who airline. I always keep my documents and keep sakes with me in a carryon, along with my uniform. Everything else gets checked. If the airlines loose it, Netjets can either buy me all new stuff or get smeone else to do the trip. Either way, if the airlines dont find that bag.... its $1500 of goodies for me.

They can always get a King Air crew to come pick me up if its that important.

I'm about to start my first IOE rotation and was wondering what kind of carry-on those of you who've been doing this for a while would recommend.

In my previous life as a corporate pilot, this was never an issue, since I never had to airline anywhere.

Now, obviously, this is an issue.

I realize this isn't the most provocative thread, but oh well.

Thanks!

werk good last long time
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2626231

Wolf sounds like those 1108 infiltrators are getting to you over there hehe. "IF the company wants me ... THEN they NEED ..... lol" You can probably get a nice 1108 polo shirt from one of them if you asked nicely.

old*art; said:
Wolf sounds like those 1108 infiltrators are getting to you over there hehe. "IF the company wants me ... THEN they NEED ..... lol" You can probably get a nice 1108 polo shirt from one of them if you asked nicely.

You know me, I don't pull punches!

The 007's are all a bunch of great guys (except 1, and he was a tool at NJA.... want him back?) and the situation has worked out very well in my opinion; better than I thought it would.

The difference between NJA/NJI politics and the airlines is all of us have been there, seen the crap, kicked sand at each others face and realized in the end it got us absolutely nowhere. I think here at NetJets an attempt is being made to respect each other and get the job done while STILL enjoying the cramped little space up front with all the switches. But I have digressed enough.

The Wolf..
(hey you gonna eat that fruit cup)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back