Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hyeflyin

737 Drivers,
Which luggage is better, the PNT 22" Stealth NG or the Vortex II by strong bags? Any problems getting either one under the jumpseat? Thanks.

737 Drivers,
Which luggage is better, the PNT 22" Stealth NG or the Vortex II by strong bags? Any problems getting either one under the jumpseat? Thanks.

Well the regular stealth will get jammed under the J/S because of the pockets on the side. The Stealth bag that is made for the 737 fits without any problems.
I don't know about the Strong Bag option.

Huge fan of Strongbags! Even fits in the -300. Lots of room, super durable, and the company will replace any part that brakes for life.

Huge fan of Strongbags! Even fits in the -300. Lots of room, super durable, and the company will replace any part that brakes for life.

But it does not fit length wise in the overhead bins even on the newer, bigger bins such as the -700. This may not be a concern if you live in base, but this is a major shortcoming of an otherwise great product if you are a commuter.

LJ

Strongbags original Vortex (now the Vortex 2) were specifically designed for the 737. Fits in all models. Yes, it does not fit wheels out in the overhead bins, but with all the stuff we pack in our bags, I'm not sure the stealth would either.

I've had a strongbag original Vortex for about a year and half. Absolutelty no complaints! The new model Vortex 2 is the exact same dimensions. The new model just redesigned a zipper pull issue they were having with the originals.

Plus, like said elsewhere, every part can be shipped to you for home repair! (even the exterior fabric!) That's what sold me.

Cheers!

Lots of room, super durable, and the company will replace any part that brakes for life.

You mean there's a lifetime warranty on pads and shoes??

Strongbags original Vortex (now the Vortex 2) were specifically designed for the 737. Fits in all models. Yes, it does not fit wheels out in the overhead bins, but with all the stuff we pack in our bags, I'm not sure the stealth would either.

I've had a strongbag original Vortex for about a year and half. Absolutelty no complaints! The new model Vortex 2 is the exact same dimensions. The new model just redesigned a zipper pull issue they were having with the originals.

Plus, like said elsewhere, every part can be shipped to you for home repair! (even the exterior fabric!) That's what sold me.
Cheers!

I would say zipper pull issue would qaulify as a complaint. Sure would be nice if some of us original purchase customers were somehow taken care of. After numerous retries with strongbag pulls I gave up and had them replaced on my own.

Glad they redigned it. Does me no good. I guess buyer beware buying new model.

Yes, it does not fit wheels out in the overhead bins, but with all the stuff we pack in our bags, I'm not sure the stealth would either.

I have a stealth PNT bag, and I can confirm that it fit very comfortably in the overhead on a DL B737-700, wheels first, handle out; just did it this morning...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back