• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lufthansa/JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the premise for the investment is the fact that jb has the largest market share at one of the busiest airports in the world, new 800 million terminal, premium coach product and with domestic usa feed for their customers.

Plus they were probably looking for an alliance with a company that they do not have to compete with on intl reoute I.E. Star Alliance

In typical Flight Info Fashion please feel free to turn this into a typical doom and gloom jb is going out of business thread..

Did you know that jb does not have to pay for mx or fuel on their planes?? I just heard that one today

Say aufwiedersehen to any JB Europe-bound flights in the future (A330 rumors)... Looks like LH will be handling that for you.

Say aufwiedersehen to any JB Europe-bound flights in the future (A330 rumors)... Looks like LH will be handling that for you.

We were never going to do that anyway ever since the legacy airlines started subsidized seat dumping on us with their new found international gravy train money. At least now we might have the ability to fight back. Look for more intl code shares (or business partnerships or whatever they call it this week) to pile on once the new terminal opens.

Yeah I guess we'll have to give back those 330's we have hidden in the hangar. We were going to announce JFK non-stop to Berlin starting in March. Oh well.

"ich bein ein airliner"

Alright, funniest thing I have read on this pos bb in a long time. Still laughing.

With continuing capacity increases in a slowing economy, a reckless competitive environment and $90/bbl. oil JB will go through the German's 300M like poop through a goose. This is not a knock on JB, I'm worried for the whole industry. The airlines are not designed to operate with fuel prices at these levels. They may survive this for awhile if the demand for travel stays super-high and there is enough pricing power but this economy is slowing as fuel prices are increasing...............that's a recipe for disaster in this industry where profit margins are paper-thin even in good times. The Germans are pretty smart people (except for that whole Nazi deal back in the day) and I'm surprised at their investment. They might as well flush the 300M down the toilet as invest it in the US domestic airline market right now; the results will probably be the same. Why didn't they just pursue a code-share/marketing relationship with JB instead of taking an equity stake?

Latest resources

Back