Lt Bush's direct comission

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Chunk said:
What kills me is the vast majority of the hippies spouting off about the quality of Bush's military record have no military record of their own!

Chunk

That is very often true. And none of them understand why the sailors on Lincoln were exicted and impressed when the President arrived on an S-3. To them it was a stunt. To me, it was leadership.

The Liberals are just upset that they will have to watch it (the carrier landing) over and over again. They don't even realize that the CVN was delayed in order to meet a scheduled pier time. After all, when you tell several thousand families that their loved ones will be home at a certain time you try to deliver!

Confusion to the liberals!

Ejection Seat Qualifed

Just think he was the only president who was ejection seat qualified prior to comming into office., I wonder if he did his recurrent?

I read he had to do the full physiology, including the dunker. Seat re-qual for the S-3 is just a brief....no big deal.

Re: Ejection Seat Qualifed

pilotyip said:
Just think he was the only president who was ejection seat qualified prior to comming into office., I wonder if he did his recurrent?

True... Not that it's a fun ride but his father didn't have the "luxury" of an ejection seat.:D

Not sure about the commission source, but I flew with a SWA Captain who was in Bush's UPT class. Said he was very competitive, very nice, and finished 2nd, so he earned his fighter. As for the carrier landing, from what I know he just sat back for that and let the Squid do the landing right? I don't think he was flying then, but that is what most the media is implying. Regardless, it was pure leadership, and by golly, if the Commander in Chief can't get a ride onto one of his carriers, who the heck can?

I don't think the media implied anything. It was quite clear that he wasn't flying the aircraft.

Re: Re: Ejection Seat Qualifed

Counselair said:
True... Not that it's a fun ride but his father didn't have the "luxury" of an ejection seat.:D

I would give my right leg (after the flight, I still need to work the rudder) to fly his fathers airplane.

Hi!

Bush was transferred to an AL unit, but he never showed up. He was AWOL for over a year. Other guard members who did what he did were put into the draft lottery, which was standard procedure.

Bush, Jr. (as opposed to his dad, the war hero) was given a slot in the guard because of his dad, as many rich kids were at the time. He was then given a pilot slot. He scored VERY low on the pilot exam, I believe around a 25%.

He was not punished for being AWOL for a year, and he wasn't put into a draft-elligible category because he was a rich man's kid.

Clinton and Bush did the same thing-they avoided the draft, which I think makes them poor candidates for president. McCain is a true American hero, and I believe he would've served his country well. Bush, Jr. is doing an excellent job serving his rich friends well, at the expense of everyone else.

If Kerry is nominated to run against Bush, I will vote for Kerry because he is a war hero, and not a draft-dodging rich kid.

Cliff
GRB
Air Medal, Iraq War I

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back