• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Lower than standard takeoff mins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I didn't intend to provoke an obviously flippant response.

Part 135 prescribes takeoff minimums for transport category aircraft. If you have two engines or less it is ONE mile. You obviously know this. It is unusual for takeoff minimums to be listed less than standard on a chart but not knowing which airport was referred to, I don't know much more than what was originally posted. I'm always up to learning about something.

Again, since you are a super genius you already know that you can takeoff less than standard under 121 or 135 according to what your operations specifications allow or don't allow.

Part 91 operations require no takeoff minimums. You could flip a coin, as you are a known flippant already. You could evaluate and make a decision using a variety of means, I.e read tea leaves,wave a magic wand, throw a dart or whatever means you elect to use. I don't give a flip.

There is only ONE standard minimums under commercial operations.

Whoa, relax. You're the one who made the typo and said "two or less" AND "two or more". Read the bold part of the quote. I was being light and humorous.

Funny yes. Flippant no.

I didn't intend to provoke an obviously flippant response.

Part 135 prescribes takeoff minimums for transport category aircraft. If you have two engines or less it is ONE mile. You obviously know this. It is unusual for takeoff minimums to be listed less than standard on a chart but not knowing which airport was referred to, I don't know much more than what was originally posted. I'm always up to learning about something.

Again, since you are a super genius you already know that you can takeoff less than standard under 121 or 135 according to what your operations specifications allow or don't allow.

Part 91 operations require no takeoff minimums. You could flip a coin, as you are a known flippant already. You could evaluate and make a decision using a variety of means, I.e read tea leaves,wave a magic wand, throw a dart or whatever means you elect to use. I don't give a flip.

Two days go by and no apology or even an acknowledgement. Your original post had a typo and then you flew off the handle calling me out over nothing. And now crickets? Be a man and admit you overreacted.

My bet based on previous experience on this forum: You further attack me for god knows what reason. This forum is a breeding ground for simple minded angry posters. My challenge to you: prove me wrong.

Ha! Glass pilot, that was great.

Ha

Flying under Part 121, I figure lower than standard alternate minimums using a combination of the Mayan calender and the So-lunar tables!

You can only apply C-78 to standard take off mins of 1 SM for 2 eng airplanes and 1/2 SM for more than two eng. If anything is published that is different than standard T/O mins those apply. For instance a runway has T/O mins of 300' and 1 SM. Even though the 1 SM is std, the 300' ceiling is non-standard, therefore the T/O mins on that runway is one SM and 300' ceiling. In this case RVR 2400 in non-standard, it applies.

Latest resources

Back